Parental Responsibility

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Fozzywozzy, Sep 11, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Very sad incident for those concerned and the Law cannot touch the perportrators.  Sould the parents be made responsible and how will they punish their kids ?

Perhaps they will be banned from their Playstaions for a week or not allowed to watch TV.  I bet they won't be taken to meet the parents affected to see the grief they have caused.  An oppurtunity to learn a valuable lesson at such a young age will invariably be lost I'm sure.

2. I wonder what beliefs and values have been instilled in those young boys to commit an act like that in the first place.
    They obviously knew what they were doing was wrong. When I was that age - I wouldn't dream of doing anything like that. I was bought up to repsect other people's property and especially 'the dead'. If I go and visit Tyne Cot or my grandfather's grave, I won't even walk over a grave, I walk around them.

It's all very well punishing these boys after the act, but how have they been bought up to do that in the first place?
    Shocking!  :mad:

3. Going to be very politically incorrect here-when my nippers seriously misbehave they know it will result in a smack-short, sharp, extremely effective (as shown by the infrequency it needs to be applied) and something that will probably be worth 6 months in nick soon.  The bleeding heart liberals spout on about rights without remembering that with rights come responsibilities