Parent - Advice and Chat in here.

#1
The parent thread due to its popularity has become too large to manage.

Here is your shiny new thread to get stuck into.

The old thread can be found here!

Enjoy :wink:
 
#3
*looks around the room*
*likes the decor*
*yep think I'll take a seat*

Well somersetlady did you ever think when you set this thread up it would become this popular?? All credit to you...you set up something that many of us have used, and will continue to use, when we feel stressed out by "our little soldiers", when we we are glowing with pride because of their achievements and as a fabulous resource for info.

Long may it continue, as will our friendship xxx

(Disco you can open the champagne now :D )
 
#4
Oooooh I like it in here. Hot and cold running water, electricity, smells nice.
Think I'll sit in the Chesterfield by the fire.
Anyone putting the kettle on?
 
#6
dickie_out_and_about said:
Oooooh I like it in here. Hot and cold running water, electricity, smells nice.
Think I'll sit in the Chesterfield by the fire.
Anyone putting the kettle on?
Manders putting the kettle on. Whos for what?

Mandy xxx
 
#7
Well mine will be 1 sugar and where are the biscuits!!!!

Have my js home for the weekend 1st time since he started p2. Lovely to see him if only for a short time. He is getting very bored though waiting for spaces on the courses. But he will get there!

Well somerset this is all down to you! you have brought so many parents together since you started this thread last year long may she continue. XXX

And Disco thank you I like pink champagne.X
 
#8
1down5togo said:
I like pink champagne.X
Good choice 1down so that will be a couple of cases of champagne then. :D

Hmm now thats got me thinking about a Christmas get together... possibly a little difficult to organise though due to people living so far apart but if anyone has any ideas then PM me. It would be good to catch up with some old faces and meet some of the newer ones too xx
 
#9
1down5togo said:
Well mine will be 1 sugar and where are the biscuits!!!!

Have my js home for the weekend 1st time since he started p2. Lovely to see him if only for a short time. He is getting very bored though waiting for spaces on the courses. But he will get there!

Well somerset this is all down to you! you have brought so many parents together since you started this thread last year long may she continue. XXX

And Disco thank you I like pink champagne.X
Just popped in with the chocolate biscuits and cream cakes. Will bring the mini bar in later.
I didnt realise how big and popular this forum could be. I have had so much support thru the tough times ive had so far, spoke to some really nice people and met some nice people e.g jellybaby123, tracemac and medicineman. Would love to meet more people like them and i am sure i will.

Thanks again to all
Good luck to all your JS'S weather going through phase1 or pphase 2.

Mandy xxx
 
#10
What a job it was getting in here! I had to bribe the bouncers on the door but they eventually let me in.
A bit sparsely populated though. In fact it echoes a bit.
Still, once we get the sofas arranged around the coffee table and a nice roaring log fire I'm sure we'll get more interest.
 
#12
moose_d said:
If anyone is making a brew i would love one, i like custard creams with mine but hurry up as the Grand Prix is about to start!!
a brew and plate of custatrd creams on the way to moose_d :D

mandy xxx
 
#13
LooseScrew said:
What a job it was getting in here! I had to bribe the bouncers on the door but they eventually let me in.
A bit sparsely populated though. In fact it echoes a bit.
Still, once we get the sofas arranged around the coffee table and a nice roaring log fire I'm sure we'll get more interest.
Loosescrew. Going back to one of your posts on the previous string. It frightens the life out of me thinking that my JS might change his mind and want to come out of the Army. Theres absoloutely nothing for him within our village or the surrounding areas. Even myself, working for the MOD, my job is under threat and there are no more jobs to step into.

He has been so set on an army career since he was about 6. Although he hated me being in the army and thats why i left. He hated mummy leaving him for weeks/months at a time.

We used to laugh and say we would buy him a suitcase and put money in it for his 16th birthday so he could leave home, and we did! LOL Although we didnt put money in the suitcase, i couldnt believe how much we had to spend to kit him up for Harrogate.
 
#14
manders said:
moose_d said:
If anyone is making a brew i would love one, i like custard creams with mine but hurry up as the Grand Prix is about to start!!
a brew and plate of custatrd creams on the way to moose_d :D

mandy xxx
Oooooh lovely i could eat a whole packet to myself. Hence thats why i am allways on a diet! I am determind to loose at least three stone in time for the passing out parade. I want to be a slinky mum in her new hat! ha ha
 
#15
Hi All, Well here we are on this lovely new site!!! I am joining you for the biscuits!!! Well my JS seems still alittle confused about things. Really do not know what is going on in his head. He is staying at another JS house this weekend. Which is great, a BIG thankyou to them. We are going up next weekend to see him in the Parade. I am really looking forward to seeing that.
 
#16
moose_d

It's a fact that jobs at the moment are very thin on the ground. The few there are, only pay minimum wage and I doubt your son would want to slave away for peanuts. This recession is ruining any chances school-leavers may have had of getting that first important step on the ladder. Things will buck up again of course but by then he'll be 20/21 or maybe even older than that. The job situation is depressing to say the least.
The present situation means that employers can hold out for the best experience/qualifications etc. so it's "dog eat dog" I'm afraid.
Even emigrating won't help as the recession is fairly global, they're queuing up for the job of snow shifter in Kuwait, things are so bad!
He's done very well indeed to get as far as he has done so to throw it all away now would be nothing short of a catastrophe.
Just keep up with the positive vibes but it's my guess he's only having doubts since he met his old mates again during the week at home. Chances are he'll soon fall back into the groove with his oppos at college and settle back in again soon.
Fingers crossed he'll be OK and I'm sure the longer he's into the year-long course, the less he'll want to leave it.
 
#17
LooseScrew said:
moose_d

It's a fact that jobs at the moment are very thin on the ground. The few there are, only pay minimum wage and I doubt your son would want to slave away for peanuts. This recession is ruining any chances school-leavers may have had of getting that first important step on the ladder. Things will buck up again of course but by then he'll be 20/21 or maybe even older than that. The job situation is depressing to say the least.
The present situation means that employers can hold out for the best experience/qualifications etc. so it's "dog eat dog" I'm afraid.
Even emigrating won't help as the recession is fairly global, they're queuing up for the job of snow shifter in Kuwait, things are so bad!
He's done very well indeed to get as far as he has done so to throw it all away now would be nothing short of a catastrophe.
Just keep up with the positive vibes but it's my guess he's only having doubts since he met his old mates again during the week at home. Chances are he'll soon fall back into the groove with his oppos at college and settle back in again soon.
Fingers crossed he'll be OK and I'm sure the longer he's into the year-long course, the less he'll want to leave it.
Oh no, sorry maybe i came across all wrong in my last post! Hes not having doubts its me being a worrywort in case he has doubts. Stupid i know! He is like a pig in muck especially now he has started with Rugby.
 
#18
tracemac said:
Hi All, Well here we are on this lovely new site!!! I am joining you for the biscuits!!! Well my JS seems still alittle confused about things. Really do not know what is going on in his head. He is staying at another JS house this weekend. Which is great, a BIG thankyou to them. We are going up next weekend to see him in the Parade. I am really looking forward to seeing that.
Keep thinking positive. I am sure everything will be ok.
 
#19
Welcome to the new pad! Is this because we talk too much?? Folks we're only 7 weeks in to the 42 How many new pads will we get :D

Keep up the great work, especally if your one of the lucky ones who's js communicates, passing on that info is the only way some of us know whats happening :x

Vibes seem to be that the half term has unsettled some, I hope that it is just a blip and they all continue the great work they have started

Heres to the next 35 weeks :eek:
Suzzie
 
#20
moose_d said................"Oh no, sorry maybe i came across all wrong in my last post! Hes not having doubts its me being a worrywort in case he has doubts. Stupid i know! He is like a pig in muck especially now he has started with Rugby. "

I thought it was a bit strange as you have always been so positive in the past, maybe I misunderstood.
Anyway never mind but I would put all thoughts such as the ones you have, completely out of your head because from what you say, it ain't gonna happen.
No point whatsoever in worrying about what might happen, in fact there's no point in worrying at all when you think about it. Worrying beforehand is a complete wast of time and effort and worrying about something WHEN it's happening is a waste of time too as by then it's too late, and as for worrying about something AFTER it's happened, well that's a big no-no too.
I hope you can understand the logic of that so you can explain it to me because I don't understand a single thing about it.........but hey! it looks good!! :D
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads