Parcels for troops

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by OLDEST GIT, Aug 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Me and the Mrs have always sent parcels for our lads and lasses serving overseas.When some of the lads I worked with asked me about it they were put off by all the hassle. So I told them if they gave me £1 a month I would sort it all. January I had £24, July it has gone up to £64. In total this year we have sent 67 parcels. My problem is I don't want to send them to 'any soldier' as they may not get to those who need them. I have sent some to individual soldiers and to the CQMS of some regiments. If anyone knows of someone who would appreciate a parcel pm me with their details.
  2. Thanks for the info mate...parcels will be 'winging' their way to them later this week.
  3. Get in touch with your local British Legion, They deal with this all the time and will be able to point you in the right direction.
  4. Only problem is that they tend to give you other organisations to send your parcels to. The reason I specifically ask for individuals or QMS is to ensure they get to the people at the sharp end and don't end up sitting in a distribution point.
  5. SOS - Support our Soldiers are a charity which invite deployed troops to give their addresses so as they can receive welfare parcels. I should think if you liaised with them they would give you addresses or certainly help in the right direction.
  6. Nice one Heathcliff...I'll drop them a line ..Thanks
  7. Its a no go on this names disclosed :(

So its back to asking for names from you good people..please pm me details so I can send our parcels..cheers Oldy
  8. Our British Legion send them out to local units, they even had notes or
    Cards in them from the people that pack them.
  9. Thanks voodoo...sent them an e-mail...appreciate it.

10. You are welcome :) They are also on Facebook, fantastic group of people who have been sending boxes out to the troops for a couple of years :))