Parcel to soldoers in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by pigeonbloke, Aug 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

My wife and I want to send a few parcels to front line soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq but we do not know any soldiers out there who to send them to. Our family have always had members in the forces, my father served 26 years, uncle 23 years and cousins in the Falklands and GW1, but none of our family are in at the moment.

We want to send a parcel with a load of goodies, so does anyone out there know who we should address the parcel to?

Thanks, keep safe and many people are thinking of you out there.
  2. Thanks for that. Parcels will be one the way in the next few days.
  3. Thank you
  4. Top People
  5. Thank you and well done. Wish there were more like you.
  6. Good on you mate. Well done.
  7. i can remember on op telic 5 round about christmass time we got sent lots of parcels,but before they got to us they had been ransacked by the QM DEPT
    using the excuse they were looking for contraband items what we ended up with was tolietries while the QM staff were cutting about with new mp3 players and other gucci kit it was a bloody liberty.
  8. That sucks, what ever happened to the team mentality. Hope you arranged suitable revenge.
  9. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

As long as the above mentioned doesn't happen, and the parcels get to the lads on the front, they'll be welcomed massively.
  10. Dont forget everyone that it will be free postage as from the 3rd September for the parcels.
  11. Just seen this and thought I'd add my own thanks. I got a welfare parcel once, from some completely random old lady who's husband fought in WW2. The morale boost from the mags, sweets, decent toothpaste, etc. was great, but the best bit was the letter - Addressed simply to "a soldier in Iraq".

When you're stuck in a sh*thole like that, there's no morale boost like knowing someone is thinking about you - Especially when that person is completely random and isn't doing it because they feel they should.

I made every lad in my section write her a thank you note!