Parcel couriers - the message that we all dread

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
You only need to look at the amount of people caught out by the Royal Mail text messaging scam, giving out their details to pay £2.99 for an undelivered non existant parcel and losing thousands to figure that out.
If customs started sending text or emails to people the scammers would be on it like hot snot.
No matter what parcel couriers do they will never please everyone.
£2.99 on a phishing scam vs. £13.50 for a legit scam.... at least Dick Turpin wore a mask. It's not like I asked them to pay up front, they just assumed I'd be happy with their charges.

Kirkz

LE
£2.99 on a phishing scam vs. £13.50 for a legit scam.... at least Dick Turpin wore a mask. It's not like I asked them to pay up front, they just assumed I'd be happy with their charges.
The 2.99 one is a lot more expensive if you're daft enough to click the link.

Kirkz

LE
Down the road from me an empty shop has just put up signs saying that an Amazon express is going to open.
It looks quite cool, i will get all of my stuff sent there to collect in person. Its a relatively new concept to the UK . You can download an app and scan your phone as you go in and shop for groceries, stick them in your bag and just leave. No checkouts.
Royal Mail do Local collect where you get it delivered to the local PO/Shop and collect from there.
Pretty much the same system as Amazon collect
Local Collect® - Easy Parcel Collection Service | Royal Mail Group Ltd

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
A friend of mine has just moved to Miami. They have Amazon hour over there, and with just eat and several supermarkets offering within the hour deliveries the game has changed. Even the co op over here is offering within the hour drops.
I read that as, even the cop shop over here is offering within the hour drops.

I suppose it depends on your colour.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
A friend of mine has just moved to Miami. They have Amazon hour over there, and with just eat and several supermarkets offering within the hour deliveries the game has changed. Even the co op over here is offering within the hour drops.
Sainsburys do it too, it's called Chop Chop, upto 20 items within an hour.

Most people would look at an email like that and think it was a scam or the scammers would use it as a way to scam people. Not an easy problem to solve, damnned if you do damnned if you don't.

The only answer is to get a new debit account, purely for holidays and internet purchases by card, then only load it with a smallish amount to ringfence your main accounts that can't be touched, as you forbid the bank to give those accounts internet access.

Kirkz

LE
Latest update on my caribu package delivery...
20210611_203443.jpg

Apparently it was delivered at 15:50 today.
Not to my house it wasn't!
At 15:50 today both me and Kirkz Mk2 were outside on the drive fitting the new top box to his motorbike and no-one delivered anything, the lying bas tards.

Latest update on my caribu package delivery...
View attachment 580613
Apparently it was delivered at 15:50 today.
Not to my house it wasn't!
At 15:50 today both me and Kirkz Mk2 were outside on the drive fitting the new top box to his motorbike and no-one delivered anything, the lying bas tards.

Get that occasionally. It’s says Delivered when it clearly hasn’t been. Then a couple of hours later it turns up. Often towards the end of the day, when the driver is running out of time to get all his deliveries in on schedule. He knows that there will be a couple that are on his route home at the end of the round, so he skips them, but marks them delivered on time. He then drops them off on his way back to the depot/on his way home. Otherwise he gets it in the neck for running behind schedule.

Kirkz

LE
Get that occasionally. It’s says Delivered when it clearly hasn’t been. Then a couple of hours later it turns up. Often towards the end of the day, when the driver is running out of time to get all his deliveries in on schedule. He knows that there will be a couple that are on his route home at the end of the round, so he skips them, but marks them delivered on time. He then drops them off on his way back to the depot/on his way home. Otherwise he gets it in the neck for running behind schedule.
On time?
Expected delivery date was Monday 7th of June.
Look here...
https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/t...essage-that-we-all-dread.203249/post-10811053

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Got a message from Hermes today saying “your parcels have been delivered” with a photo of said parcels next to a pile of logs.

On closer inspection these are definitely not my logs. These are neatly stacked, where as mine are just chucked in a massive pile under my shelter.

Got another message this evening from some people who have just bought a house about 2 miles away, saying they had our parcels.

What kind of ******* gimp delivers parcels to a house 2 miles away? I can understand leaving it with a neighbour, but this is a new one on me.

cymraeg

War Hero
Got a message from Hermes today saying “your parcels have been delivered” with a photo of said parcels next to a pile of logs.

On closer inspection these are definitely not my logs. These are neatly stacked, where as mine are just chucked in a massive pile under my shelter.

Got another message this evening from some people who have just bought a house about 2 miles away, saying they had our parcels.

What kind of ******* gimp delivers parcels to a house 2 miles away? I can understand leaving it with a neighbour, but this is a new one on me.
Surely your neighbours are 2 miles away lord ravers

TamH70

MIA
Surely your neighbours are 2 miles away lord ravers

Yeah, 2 miles is less than the distance between his front door and his entrance gates on the other end of his drive.

Latest Threads