Parcel couriers - the message that we all dread

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
As of 1700:
1622563415318.png

I must be the youngest looking sixty odd year old in the world.
Tomorrow I’m going to buy some sweeties with my pocket money.
Have a jelly baby?
Tom Baker.jpg

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Well, it has arrived, only 7 hours late.

Good job I was working at home today and didn't need to go anywhere.

Just had a DPD "sorry you weren't in" card pushed through the door even though myself and the Mrs are both working from home, both of our cars are on the drive which should give an indication we're in, we have a working doorbell which didn't ring and also a dog who goes ballistic if someone knocks on the door. Bellend could have tried knocking or ringing the bell! Apparently delivery will be attempted again tomorrow, we'll see....

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Not quite a delivery but an Openreach engineer. He was due to visit yesterday between 13.00 & 18.00 to sort out the abysmal Wifi we have. The wife waited in all afternoon for him, no arrival. Mrs rings EE as they are the ones who organised the visit as it's nothing to do with their equipment at 18.30 and reorganises another visit. At 19.00, she recieves a text stating "Steve has completed his visit and all is in order". Mrs is ringing EE again this morning to find out WTF!

Kirkz

LE
Ordered an item off ebay for a project I'm doing, the item is in Wigan and it was free postage to me in Preston. Order placed on 3rd June at 10:59 am and is coming via some carrier called Caribou, expected delivery date Monday 7th June, it's now Wednesday 9th June and the item is at the Hub in Hyde Manchester and has been for 6 days, I could have crawled on my hands and knees to Wigan and back to collect it in 6 fkin days the useless cnuts.
20210609_134741.jpg

Last edited:
Only ever had one problem with a courier, and that was a delivery from Sevenoaks where the driver tried to steal the TV. 2 consignments, one of two packages (twin speaker system and 5.1 speaker system), one of one (TV). Driver tried to get me to sign for TWO consignments, giving it "I'm in a bit of a hurry mate, can you get a move on", "look, two deliveries, here's two parcels".

It doesn't help when Panasonic et al insist on printing "Panasonic VT50 50" Plasma TV" on the box... Guess which bx was missing... After I refused to sign, he toddled off the van and made a phone call. Odd, as when he came back I asked him to call the depot and he claimed he had neither a phone, nor a number, as he was a relief driver. I called Sevenoaks, they sorted the problem - the TV had left Glasgow, and had been booked into Warrington depot, and booked out...

Delivered 7am the following -Saturday- morning by a different driver.

Thats the only bad experience I've had, in 20 years of using couriers. WorldWide Parcels in Yorkshire, to DHL/Yodel and UPS to day, all have been great. The old DHL driver in Stoke was awesome - he saw a package for me 'inbound' to the depot and bought it round the same day, even though it wasn't due out until the following day.

ParcelFarce, on the other hand... one forged my signature on a delivery form (in block capitals!), stuff left in a neighbour's bin, stuff left in a depot because it was 'too heavy', and much much more expensive than couriers.

Parcel2go.com all the way.
Amazon *&#$@!!!
Last time in UK I ordered a digital art tablet but they would not deliver to the door, I had to collect it from a store. No worries, but when I got to the store the package had been opened and the tablet was gone.
Manager started asking me about if I had been to the store before and did I know any of the staff?
I stopped him right there and said that as I seem to be a suspect, not a victim, I would only speak to a police officer once I was under caution.
He called the police, we both spoke to them as crime details were recoded, he apologised, but refused to refund the money to my card as their policy was no refunds while an police investigation was underway.

W@nkers

Ordered an item off ebay for a project I'm doing, the item is in Wigan and it was free postage to me in Preston. Order placed on 3rd June at 10:59 am and is coming via some carrier called Caribou, expected delivery date Monday 7th June, it's now Wednesday 9th June and the item is at the Hub in Hyde Manchester and has been for 6 days, I could have crawled on my hands and knees to Wigan and back to collected in 6 fkin days the useless cnuts.
View attachment 580064

'I could have crawled on my hands and knees to Wigan'

Why on Earth would you put yourself through that misery to go to Wigan?

Ordered an item off ebay for a project I'm doing, the item is in Wigan and it was free postage to me in Preston. Order placed on 3rd June at 10:59 am and is coming via some carrier called Caribou, expected delivery date Monday 7th June, it's now Wednesday 9th June and the item is at the Hub in Hyde Manchester and has been for 6 days, I could have crawled on my hands and knees to Wigan and back to collected in 6 fkin days the useless cnuts.
View attachment 580064
Should have used Royal Mail.

Kirkz

LE
'I could have crawled on my hands and knees to Wigan'

Why on Earth would you put yourself through that misery to go to Wigan?
I wouldn't which is why I used "could have".

Kirkz

LE
Should have used Royal Mail.
On Monday 7th June I posted a parcel to another arrser in Pembrokeshire, entered RM system at 14:30 ish and was delivered to the recipient in less than 24 hours.

TamH70

MIA
I got a parcel from Hermes today that was actually on time.

I knew sacrificing that virgin while "All Things Bright And Beautiful" was playing backwards on my Victrola whilst the crowd was dancing widdershins around a copy of Greta Thunberg's latest book which was on fire at the time would work.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
DPD today. Delivery twix 13.11 and 14.11.Guy arrived at 13.04 then sat in his van until 13.11 !
The machine will not not allow him to deliver before the allocated time, he can’t do anything about it, ideally he would be delivering it at the halfway point of the time.