Parcel couriers - the message that we all dread

TamH70

MIA
while the Amazon bloke is a twat, can't help but feel somebody is milking the **** out of this.

Well, wouldn't you?

I would. In fact, I'd probably throw a wobbly sufficient for them to buy me a whole new motor.

Hermes/DPD interface.
Company sends us wrong stuff. Arrange to send it back. Business sends us prepaid label for return. Hermes fail to collect as agreed. Business agree to send DPD. DPD arrive. Nice bloke, but "no speak da English" scans Hermes parcel - his hand help computer says no several times. He tales the parcel, I ask for a receipt.
He does not know what I mean. I explain like I'm talking to a six year old.I get a ticket from his pocket. Three minutes later he's back, he's called his office and cannot take it.
I call the business "Oh that's bad isn't it We'll send a Royal Mail pre paid label"...

Kirkz

LE
Hermes/DPD interface.
Company sends us wrong stuff. Arrange to send it back. Business sends us prepaid label for return. Hermes fail to collect as agreed. Business agree to send DPD. DPD arrive. Nice bloke, but "no speak da English" scans Hermes parcel - his hand help computer says no several times. He tales the parcel, I ask for a receipt.
He does not know what I mean. I explain like I'm talking to a six year old.I get a ticket from his pocket. Three minutes later he's back, he's called his office and cannot take it.
I call the business "Oh that's bad isn't it We'll send a Royal Mail pre paid label"...
See what I mean? When all else fails use a company thats been doing it since 1516 (the year not the time).
All the courier firms use Royal Mails pipeline at some point for various reasons.

TamH70

MIA
I was expecting a delivery today via the Royal Mail and it arrived near as bob-on when l was expecting it, which made a change from recently, so l have to say that I was chuffed to NAAFI breaks.

Especially since the parcel was my new Boxhead surplus wetproof trews, which should keep me warm out.

Kirkz

LE
Leave some out of date cheese in your bins and @Kirkz will deliver it in record time.
All the cheese I got just after Christmas was still in date.

I have had loads of out of date cheese in the past though and still eaten it, it's cheese ffs.

Kirkz

LE
Never have been. The regular postie is fine, it’s the parcel force twats that send emails and texts stating they’ll deliver on a certain date, then don’t, that hack me off. Happened five times now, the useless twats.
Probably because most of Parcelforces drivers are self employed.
They are also a separate company to Royal Mail though both owned by the same parent company.
So in short you've never had an issue with Royal mail just with Parcelforce twats.

Probably because most of Parcelforces drivers are self employed.
They are also a separate company to Royal Mail though both owned by the same parent company.
So in short you've never had an issue with Royal mail just with Parcelforce twats.

Perhaps, but this is the app I use to track my errant parcels, and it says Royal Mail on it, so that’s who I blame.
3ea402a0ee27c68bf482c72cd669ad75.jpg

Kirkz

LE
Perhaps, but this is the app I use to track my errant parcels, and it says Royal Mail on it, so that’s who I blame.
As I collect my mail from the depot I've never seen an app.
I wonder if Parcelforce were just to tight to get their own and just piggyback off ours.

Take your complaint to the head honcho. Liz in Buck House (or Windsor Castle) will get it sorted.

And then there’s Amazon. Looking for some Iron Sulfate. First few I tried 7 - 10 days to get it.
Amazon, be here by 14.00 tomorrow. How can other companies compete with that?