Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parcel couriers - the message that we all dread

anglo

LE
The Hermes around here, "your parcel is in our warehouse", "your parcel will be
delivered Time, date", Parcel delivered on time, great service.

endure

GCM
The Hermes around here, "your parcel is in our warehouse", "your parcel will be
delivered Time, date", Parcel delivered on time, great service.
Same here. I can't remember the last time I had a problem with any of them. I always smile and say thank you when they deliver. Maybe that helps.

Same here. I can't remember the last time I had a problem with any of them. I always smile and say thank you when they deliver. Maybe that helps.
Hermes delivery... "yes" and "no"..... they are OK with.... "Missing delivery" or any other difficult English sentence = run to the van and drive away fast.

Last edited:
Not a courier as such but Royal Mail Tracking Sevice.
Got an email from a supplier that my parcel had been despatched on Wednesday afternoon.
Tried tracking parcel on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and today but kept telling me that my parcel will be delivered tomorrow, even though it was delivered on Saturday morning.

Kirkz

LE
Not a courier as such but Royal Mail Tracking Sevice.
Got an email from a supplier that my parcel had been despatched on Wednesday afternoon.
Tried tracking parcel on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and today but kept telling me that my parcel will be delivered tomorrow, even though it was delivered on Saturday morning.
So you're shimfing because RM did too good a job by being 2 days early?

Stupid question, but OC Domestic has got nowhere with the Royal Mail customer services other than back to 1sq. Anyone here have an idea what happens to mail that's sent to a defunct PO Box number? She's basically sent mail to an addressee who didn't bother to inform anyone they'd moved elsewhere.

Kirkz

LE
Stupid question, but OC Domestic has got nowhere with the Royal Mail customer services other than back to 1sq. Anyone here have an idea what happens to mail that's sent to a defunct PO Box number? She's basically sent mail to an addressee who didn't bother to inform anyone they'd moved elsewhere.
Any mail that cannot be delivered or returned to sender is classed as dead and sent to the dead letter office in Ireland where attemps are made to find a way to deliver it somewhere or it is either destroyed or the contents sold and the money given to charity.
Was there a return address on the item?

No. But there is if it gets opened. I could fucking scream sometimes.

Kirkz

LE
No. But there is if it gets opened. I could ******* scream sometimes.
Chances are you'll get it back but it could take some time.
I have no idea how snowed under the dead letter office is but I do know our office sends hundreds of dead letters a day.
Ideally people should always put a return address on mail even if it is just the property number and the post code.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

SmilingKnight

Old-Salt
Delivery expected between 14.45 and 15.45

I have been in all day. It is lockdown after all. No chance of missing the buzzer.

Go down to look at about 16.15, nothing found.

Check Tracking - I signed for it at 15.12 apparently

There is a picture of it next to the door so I am bemused. Turns out a neighbor had clearly moved to a position out of the rain (but out of site of the door)

I signed for nothing. I know they're under a lot of pressure but that is just straight up lying.

DHL was the courier.
1612544003761.png

Attachments

• 1612543650686.png
    1612543650686.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 23

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Delivery expected between 14.45 and 15.45

I have been in all day. It is lockdown after all. No chance of missing the buzzer.

Go down to look at about 16.15, nothing found.

Check Tracking - I signed for it at 15.12 apparently

There is a picture of it next to the door so I am bemused. Turns out a neighbor had clearly moved to a position out of the rain (but out of site of the door)

I signed for nothing. I know they're under a lot of pressure but that is just straight up lying.

DHL was the courier.
View attachment 546513
In fairness signed for these days is by the driver/postie, which does rather defeat the point, though understandable.

Kirkz

LE
In fairness signed for these days is by the driver/postie, which does rather defeat the point, though understandable.
Depends what sort of signed for it is to be honest.
Tracked signed for and first class recorded delivery can be signed for if it goes through the letterbox or can be left in a safe place.
Special delivery next day guaranteed there has to be someone in the house, they can't be delivered through the letterbox or left in a safe place.
The only reason the postie signs for stuff at the moment is so the PDA isn't touched by numerous people.

Latest Threads