Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parcel couriers - the message that we all dread

I hired a van which at one stage must have been used by a delivery company.

I found that out when I went to check I had cleared all my stuff out and found a pile of parcels on the parcel shelf bit above the drivers head.

On 8nforming the company they tried telling me I wasn't authorised to handle their goods. They also got shirty and wanted me to pay for onward delivery as they classed it as I was the new customer.
Cannot remember which company it was now.

I found that out when I went to check I had cleared all my stuff out and found a pile of parcels on the parcel shelf bit above the drivers head.

On 8nforming the company they tried telling me I wasn't authorised to handle their goods. They also got shirty and wanted me to pay for onward delivery as they classed it as I was the new customer.
I trust you told them to get fcuked. ;-)

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Just tell them that if they think it's so important you'll leave the body in the van.

Any decent swag?

Hermes.... seems the email link hermessupport@myhermes.co.uk. is not recognised.....

Cunning....... I may have to turn up on their doorstep to resolve my dispute.

Remember when the IRA use to take a family hostage and then get the father to drive a car bomb to the local SF base, "Deliver this or the family get's it"?...... I wonder if it would work with Hermes and Yodel?

Remember when the IRA use to take a family hostage and then get the father to drive a car bomb to the local SF base, "Deliver this or the family get's it"?...... I wonder if it would work with Hermes and Yodel?
Kidnap a family and force the father to drive a car bomb to to the local Hermes office? Not sure how that would speed up your parcel. Other than upwards of course.

RTU'd

War Hero
TNT/FedEx are excelling at providing a particularly bad service at the moment.
UPS just about OK with DPD & DHeLL trying to screw up.
Boris said it would be easy?

DPD and Hermes in my area are generally excellent. Fortunately Yodel never seem to be permitted near my packages.

Truly the world has turned upon its head.

Had my first ever dealing with Yodel today and yes, they failed to deliver. The driver said that he could not find the house. I saw his map from their website and the location was pretty clear. Seven years on from the original post and they are still useless.

Had my first ever dealing with Yodel today and yes, they failed to deliver. The driver said that he could not find the house. I saw his map from their website and the location was pretty clear. Seven years on from the original post and they are still useless.
In Ireland they use to put a little red flag out saying a certain service was required.

Due to the layout of our house both front and back doors face the street.

We don't use the front and the high gate is bolted with a handy little sign saying go via the drive gates where, in plain sight, is the backdoor.

Now it is mildly irritating when Yodel (as its always them) manage to read the sign and (after failing to open the very locked gate) ignore the door in front of them and go through the next locked gate to hammer on the front door. The really dense ones get confused when its actually for next door and after being told 'next door' go to the back door so I can once again point out its the same house.

But one lad from DPD is a pain in the arse.

Thanks to Major Sunrays business we have a lot of deliveries, such as boxes of envelopes.
Now matey comes here quite a lot and he knows to come to the back door.
He also knows the back door opens outwards.
A 3ft high box of A4 envelopes is quite heavy; 4 of them more so.
Can you guess where he dumps the box after ringing the bell and disappearing as he sees me coming?

I finally got the item delivered by Hermes, 2 weeks late and they were MK 0's.... worse than MK 1s. Only by recognising the delivered addresses door footwell from the "Delivered" photo.

Last edited:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I finally got the item delivered by Hermes, 2 weeks late and they were MK 0's.... worse than MK 1s.
english-do-you-speak-it-demotivational-poster.jpg

No, I speak Army (Check site description) especially if you had served in the British Army.... now lets do an 1157 check because I specifically hate you... and your lack of parcels.

Last edited:

Latest Threads