Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parcel couriers - the message that we all dread

Kirkz

LE
Some of those cost an awful lot. Is there any chance of finding them in a bin?
Yes, but doubtful you'd find the key as well.
May seem a lot but if you get a lot of parcels and it saves you the 10 + mile drive 2 or 3 times a week it will save you money after a year.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Couple of problems, some of the modern replicas are not that secure and scrotes with thin arms can fish around inside, originals or close copies attract idiots posting letters or take away food left overs ...
...petrol, fireworks, matches...

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes, but doubtful you'd find the key as well.
May seem a lot but if you get a lot of parcels and it saves you the 10 + mile drive 2 or 3 times a week it will save you money after a year.

Don't have any problems because our postie always leaves a card if he/she has left it further along the lane.

The major problem with all courier type people is the fact that in order to cut time they only give one tap on the door, leave the whatever, and leg it. That's great until somebody leaves the wrong item because they are long gone before one can point out the problem.

Kirkz

LE
Couple of problems, some of the modern replicas are not that secure and scrotes with thin arms can fish around inside, originals or close copies attract idiots posting letters or take away food left overs ...
Don't put it somewhere obvious and let the postie know where it is. Most if not all parcel delivery services have a system for you to put where your safe place is either on the package or to come up on the PDA when it's scanned.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Don't put it somewhere obvious and let the postie know where it is. Most if not all parcel delivery services have a system for you to put where your safe place is either on the package or to come up on the PDA when it's scanned.
Can these safe places be used for whingers snowflakes too ?

ericferret

War Hero
I aquired a bright yellow wheelie bin and have it marked for parcels next to our letterbox.
Works well.

Spare a thought for these drivers, I understand that they get 50p a delivery and out here in the sticks that is a lot of time and fuel between drops.

Only lost one parcel in the last 5 years out of loads. From Amazon, who contacted me to say it was undeliverable due to damage and I would be refunded. I wasn't and I had to chase them for £40.

Kirkz

LE
Can these safe places be used for whingers snowflakes too ?
Possibly, might have to fold them up and stamp them down into it unless it's the size of a 45 gallon drum.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Possibly, might have to fold them up and stamp them down into it unless it's the size of a 45 gallon drum.
I guess that's where #1443 comes in.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
He's paid to have it delivered.

Had a guy deliver a 20' X 20' or thereabouts camo net once. His truck wouldn't fit into the street so he carried it, in the middle of the summer. I think I actually swore at him for doing it.

Browsing a website that caught my eye today I spotted this paragraph in the section on Orders and Shipping:

We can send your item(s) in the following ways:

Courier Tracked - Order before 1pm, we can pack and post the same day to be with you the next working day, this is not a weekend service. It is fully tracked and we will send you the tracking number when we process your order.

Hermes - In our experience an extremely slow service, we cannot guarantee it will arrive. It isn't an option on the website for good reason, so if you want this pitiful service and your parcel thrown into a random hedge near your house, if you're lucky, just to save about £2 then simply call us on 0117 942 5832 and we can process your order over the phone.

UPS Worldwide - For anywhere outside the UK, we can post the same day but delivery times are dependent on the destination. Approximate delivery times are as follows:

That sounds like the bitter voice of experience... :)

Latest Threads