Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parcel couriers - the message that we all dread

Terrible news: My wine delivery is being sent via Yodel. They are indeed the very worst in couriers. The Yodel driver location shows the slack bastard stopped about half a mile away... and he hasn't moved for 40 mins. Either the Yodel Driver Map is a greater work of fiction than a Crete ferry timetable or he's in the back getting stuck into the booze.

Yodel once left a wine delivery 'with a neighbour'. They turned out to be one of possibly 10 flats in the council block opposite. Needless to say nobody knew anything about it. Whilst I don't want to suggest that the morals of dwellers of corporation housing are significantly worse than their posher neighbours opposite - they bloody are.

Anyway - why does any sensible business use these bloody halfwits for conveying valuable goods?

Terrible news: My wine delivery is being sent via Yodel. They are indeed the very worst in couriers. The Yodel driver location shows the slack bastard stopped about half a mile away... and he hasn't moved for 40 mins. Either the Yodel Driver Map is a greater work of fiction than a Crete ferry timetable or he's in the back getting stuck into the booze.

Yodel once left a wine delivery 'with a neighbour'. They turned out to be one of possibly 10 flats in the council block opposite. Needless to say nobody knew anything about it. Whilst I don't want to suggest that the morals of dwellers of corporation housing are significantly worse than their posher neighbours opposite - they bloody are.

Anyway - why does any sensible business use these bloody halfwits for conveying valuable goods?

Pfff, wine indeed, wots wrong with brasso like the rest of us?

Kirkz

LE
Terrible news: My wine delivery is being sent via Yodel.
Because they are cheap.
Pay peanuts, get monkeys!

RedDinger

Clanker
I'm working from home, with a view of the road in front of the house. I just watched a Royal Mail driver walk down my drive (with no sign of a package) to put a "sorry you weren't in" card through the door. He drove off before I could get to the door.
I'm stumped as to why he would do that? What did he gain from it?

I'm working from home, with a view of the road in front of the house. I just watched a Royal Mail driver walk down my drive (with no sign of a package) to put a "sorry you weren't in" card through the door. He drove off before I could get to the door.
Where you expecting a new mobile or some other fancy kit?

Kirkz

LE
Not sure, most packages require a scan on the PDA these days and that is linked to google maps to show where it was scanned, try ringing the delivery office and ask them to check.

Last edited:

SWJ99

War Hero
DPD sent me an email today saying they'd deliver a parcel to me between 12:00 & 1:00.

At 12:11 they sent another one saying, "We missed you !" together with a photo of my driveway.
No doorbell rung, no card through the door, no parcel.

I've sent them an email explaining that they are a shower of shit, but I've yet to receive the courtesy of a reply.

White van reverses into my drive yesterday.
Bloke open the doors and proceeds to throw almost everything around,presumably looking for my parcels.
Amongst the thrown items were two boxes clearly containing televisions.
Thankfully my box was a new duvet cover.
Hermes relief driver as it goes.

Kirkz

LE
White van reverses into my drive yesterday.
Bloke open the doors and proceeds to throw almost everything around,presumably looking for my parcels.
Amongst the thrown items were two boxes clearly containing televisions.
Thankfully my box was a new duvet cover.
Hermes relief driver as it goes.
Regardless of the company, or the driver/deliverer all parcels are thrown about, its how they are sorted, doesn't matter if you write fragile or handle with care, there isn't time to read it due to the volume of stuff to sort. If its packed properly it shouldn't matter.

TamH70

MIA
I bought my new toys from PRI - ( one of these bad boys:

and an associated pair of these:

Karrimor SF Sabre Side Pockets PLCE - Rucksacks, Backpacks for Military, Police & Explorers )

and I got nothing but good service from DPD. Lots of text updates, including who the driver was, and the guy arrived bob-on half-way through the stated arrival time window.

I don't think that they can get away with some of the tricks pulled on you lot because this building is what they call up here "camera'd up to fuck", so if someone wanted to check if they had actually bothered to deliver, it would be relatively trivial to do so.

As for the rucksack, I dunno yet. It certainly looks the part and seems well built.

I bought my new toys from PRI - ( one of these bad boys:

and an associated pair of these:

Karrimor SF Sabre Side Pockets PLCE - Rucksacks, Backpacks for Military, Police & Explorers )

and I got nothing but good service from DPD. Lots of text updates, including who the driver was, and the guy arrived bob-on half-way through the stated arrival time window.

I don't think that they can get away with some of the tricks pulled on you lot because this building is what they call up here "camera'd up to ****", so if someone wanted to check if they had actually bothered to deliver, it would be relatively trivial to do so.

As for the rucksack, I dunno yet. It certainly looks the part and seems well built.

Side pockets camouflage look a 'tad' Chelsea Flower Show.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

TamH70

MIA
Side pockets camouflage look a 'tad' Chelsea Flower Show.

Yep, they do a bit, but they're half the price of even the O.G. ones, as was the bergen, so I can live with that.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Yep, they do a bit, but they're half the price of even the O.G. ones, as was the bergen, so I can live with that.
Jussus !
Thought about earning points by getting the bint something else in the pattern, so checked out the site.
They're ripping the arse out of it !

Normal price of sixty pounds for a pair of side pouches, reduced to thirty because they can't move colours/patterns not accepted for use ?

They're trying to charge £284.- for a 120 litre bergan, going up by an additional £ 106.- if it's in their nearest equivalent to issue.
How many Toms spend just under four hundred quid for close to issue kit ?

Will you review the bergan after you've used it a while ?

TamH70

MIA
Jussus !
Thought about earning points by getting the bint something else in the pattern, so checked out the site.
They're ripping the arse out of it !

Normal price of sixty pounds for a pair of side pouches, reduced to thirty because they can't move colours/patterns not accepted for use ?

They're trying to charge £284.- for a 120 litre bergan, going up by an additional £ 106.- if it's in their nearest equivalent to issue.
How many Toms spend just under four hundred quid for close to issue kit ?

Will you review the bergan after you've used it a while ?

Yep, probably. It is a decent looking bit of kit - and as far as the not accepted for use bit, our Head Shed over here may not approve but the camo-pattern itself, Kryptek Highlander, seems to be worn by Secret Squirrel types over in the States. As we all know by now, those folks wear what they want as long as it's green, mottled, with browny bits.

I agree that the pricing is taking the pee a bit for the more mil-spec stuff, but Karrimor SF kit ISN'T cheap at the best of times.

I'll stick a few site's price-lists for the stuff - some of which are eye-watering:

I can't even find an equivalent price for my bergen mitt side-pouches, or anywhere near it - it's all far more expensive.

Latest Threads