Parcel couriers - the message that we all dread

The wife had something similar from Hermes on Saturday, email stated that they'd delivered (bearing in mind, she's one of those on 12 week lockdown) yet no knock on the door/parcel left on doorstep or even left in the postbox, nada, nil , zero, zilch. She now has to inform the sender of this.
This seems to be a regular Hepes trick as told to me by our local delivery girl , Saturday delivery ? delivered or out entry on pda , drop it off Monday instead = early Finnish Saturday and by the time the complaint filters through delivery delivered.

TamH70

MIA
Further to my last re. Hermes losing my parcel.

Apparently according to the seller that's my fault for not letting him or her know. Which I couldn't do before I got final confirmation that Hermes had fucked up again. Well, excuse me!

Where's my money BITCH?

Is what I should have replied to them.

Where I live and within a few hundred yards of my home there is a 4 ...... avenue, a 4 ......drive, and a 4 ....... gardens with the part of the name in dots being the same and the number of times a parcel meant for me ends up at one of the other number 4s is astonishing!!

Kirkz

LE
Where I live and within a few hundred yards of my home there is a 4 ...... avenue, a 4 ......drive, and a 4 ....... gardens with the part of the name in dots being the same and the number of times a parcel meant for me ends up at one of the other number 4s is astonishing!!
The first walk I ever did had one particular out in the sticks road that was cut in two by a dual carridgeway, one side has 1, 1a, 2, 2a, 4, 4a, the other side had 1, 2, 3, and 4, 1 & 2 ***** cottages. 1 & 2 *** cottages and 1 & 2 ***** cottages.
I found it easier to learn the surnames of each house and made far fewer mistakes that way.

Londo

LE
The first walk I ever did had one particular out in the sticks road that was cut in two by a dual carridgeway, one side has 1, 1a, 2, 2a, 4, 4a, the other side had 1, 2, 3, and 4, 1 & 2 ***** cottages. 1 & 2 *** cottages and 1 & 2 ***** cottages.
I found it easier to learn the surnames of each house and made far fewer mistakes that way.
There is a lane just up the road from me that has a few named rather than numbered cottages . Two names spring to mind ' The last cottage on the left' and ' The second from last cottage on the left '

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
People on another thread keep commenting on the bad service of Hermes though I have had no problems with them because it seems they have made a big effort to improve and I now get messages as to when it will be delivered within a four hour slot.
That compares well with the Royal Mail because an item was posted to me signed for, first class last week and it seems impossible to find out what is happening because whenever I use their site and input the tracking number all I see is:
An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item
Trying to communicate with Royal Mail seems impossible.
At least Hermes do deliver when they have said they will.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
That compares well with the Royal Mail because an item was posted to me signed for, first class last week and it seems impossible to find out what is happening because whenever I use their site and input the tracking number all I see is:
Send them a letter.

endure

GCM
I've never had any problem with couriers or the postie. Mind you I always smile and thank them when they deliver something.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
......That compares well with the Royal Mail because an item was posted to me signed for, first class last week and it seems impossible to find out what is happening because whenever I use their site and input the tracking number all I see is:
Trying to communicate with Royal Mail seems impossible......
The amount of tracking information you are seeing is dependent on the service the seller contracted with Royal Mail. looks like the tracking info on this service is aimed to inform the seller when the item is delivered and not to give step by step updates on delivery progress.
In the case of a claim Royal Mail has to deal with the seller as the contract for delivery is between them, your contract is between you and the seller..

endure

GCM
People on another thread keep commenting on the bad service of Hermes though I have had no problems with them because it seems they have made a big effort to improve and I now get messages as to when it will be delivered within a four hour slot.
At least Hermes do deliver when they have said they will.

Royal Mail signed for deliveries are only updated when they've actually been delivered. It's Special Delivery that provides full tracking. Internally it's tracked every step of the way.

If you send a Special Delivery item you can see that it's put into a separate bag from the ordinary mail.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Royal Mail signed for deliveries are only updated when they've actually been delivered. It's Special Delivery that provides full tracking. Internally it's tracked every step of the way.

If you send a Special Delivery item you can see that it's put into a separate bag from the ordinary mail.
Many thanks for the info though I have emailed the supplier to tell them of the problem.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
On Friday I realised I couldn't get my <1 year old phone to charge. Got through to Tech Support who had me run a diagnostic test. USB hardware failure. "Print off this label and box up the phone. Repair under warranty. DHL will collect." Collection was booked for Friday afternoon .

Saturday, no sign. Every attempt to speak to a human led to a bit that either said no or, we'll attempt to collect in the time window (which was long past).

Yesterday I went nuclear. Today I got an email from them. The address they'd received had been malformed.

Finally, tomorrow between 9 and 6, they'll collect my phone and ship it to Hungary for repair.

I hate computer systems and electronic devices that don't last five minutes.

endure

GCM
On Friday I realised I couldn't get my <1 year old phone to charge. Got through to Tech Support who had me run a diagnostic test. USB hardware failure. "Print off this label and box up the phone. Repair under warranty. DHL will collect." Collection was booked for Friday afternoon .

Saturday, no sign. Every attempt to speak to a human led to a bit that either said no or, we'll attempt to collect in the time window (which was long past).

Yesterday I went nuclear. Today I got an email from them. The address they'd received had been malformed.

Finally, tomorrow between 9 and 6, they'll collect my phone and ship it to Hungary for repair.

I hate computer systems and electronic devices that don't last five minutes.

What make is it?

endure

GCM

TamH70

MIA
The last one was. A H'away phone. It was sh¡t. In comparison the Nokia is a beast.
I've got a Nokia too. It's a Nokia 6 first-gen, running the so-called "Android One" OS.

It's basically a Microsoft Lumia 960 in drag, which is why I like it so much. I won't take Samsung phones if you gave them to me in a lucky bag, and I've almost never seen an Iphone with a screen that isn't smashed to buggeration so they're out as well.

endure

GCM
The next time you're looking for a phone try Xiaomi. I got one of these for £180

Latest Threads