Parcel couriers - the message that we all dread

Kirkz

LE
I have, but I’d have preferred it to have been delivered as intended.
Rightly so, for whatever reason we didn't fulfill our part of the deal, but without knowing all the facts I can't really comment but if the postie is at fault he will be dealt with accordingly.

Expecting a parcel via dpd..... 2 streets away I catch the driver at 12:30 and he denies having one for me.... so, off Christmas shopping and 2 hours later I find I had missed the dpd driver at 13:15 hours.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
Expecting a parcel via dpd..... 2 streets away I catch the driver at 12:30 and he denies having one for me.... so, off Christmas shopping and 2 hours later I find I had missed the dpd driver at 13:15 hours.
I'm sure he had time to go through the wagon looking for your parcel, having first checked. I sure he threw all the parcels in the back of wagon, no order.
Maybe he was single and had no one to go home to

Last edited:
Sadly, I have to admit DPD did the minimum but was on time and had rung ahead! The fact that I'm mentioning what should be a norm is the problem.

I must admit, both Amazon & DHL did a good job yesterday. If only they had done it the other way round, so she could have had the cart built before the mig welder!

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk

Kirkz

LE
WRT DPD the senior management respond REALLY well if you get all sweary.
As in guy with a van go back and f* deliver it.
Ask me how I know. :)
You're the DPD driver?

Had a new one today.Bloke delivered some documents, as I was by my car I went across to get the parcel from him.On the seat next to him was a shoe box size parcel.It had an aerial photo taped to the box with red marker pen showing the route to the house.
It was about two miles from me.I've lived here two years and had no idea there was house there, let alone it being lived in.

WRT DPD the senior management respond REALLY well if you get all sweary.
As in guy with a van go back and f* deliver it.
Ask me how I know. :)
You got a working phone number for DPD? All I got was a fücking bot when I rang to complain that the driver had just decided to chin off my delivery for today.

The app is a bot too: neither of my neighbours have heard from DPD, despite the chat bot’s insistence that both had been tried.

CNUTS.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
DX, what a bunch cunts! Got an email on Monday stating that they'd be making a delivery of my free Samsung watch on Tuesday, they gave the opportunity to change days which I promptly did to Wednesday. I waited in all day for them, no show. Got on the phone to them this morning first thing to state my disapproval and got told I could pick it up from their depot in the Old Kent Rd if I wanted. Seeing as it's not far from me, I said I would and made arrangement to do so. Got to the depot to be told that they cant find the parcel anywhere and that they'd be referring it to the sender, Samsung, and if they found it in the meantime, they attempt to deliver tomorrow or the weekend which is a lot of good as I'm in Scotland for the rugby this weekend. What really pissed me off was receiving a text stating that they couldn't deliver it today, which I recieved as I walked through the depot door and never asked for!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
DX, what a bunch cnuts! Got an email on Monday stating that they'd be making a delivery of my free Samsung watch on Tuesday, they gave the opportunity to change days which I promptly did to Wednesday. I waited in all day for them, no show. Got on the phone to them this morning first thing to state my disapproval and got told I could pick it up from their depot in the Old Kent Rd if I wanted. Seeing as it's not far from me, I said I would and made arrangement to do so. Got to the depot to be told that they cant find the parcel anywhere and that they'd be referring it to the sender, Samsung, and if they found it in the meantime, they attempt to deliver tomorrow or the weekend which is a lot of good as I'm in Scotland for the rugby this weekend. What really pissed me off was receiving a text stating that they couldn't deliver it today, which I recieved as I walked through the depot door and never asked for!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
A quick update on the above, I hadn't heard anything so rang Samsung, they hadn't heard from DX and knew nothing of the situation, so sorterd out the replacement there and then. Rang DX to find out what happened with them notifying Samsung and they stated that it was my responsibility, even though the member of staff I spoke to said they would do it, all this idiot kept repeating was "ring Samsung and sort it out with them" although I'd already stated 4 times that I had and hhis rep had stated that they would. DX, I shit 'em!

TamH70

MIA
And Hermes has lost yet another of my packages and has no idea where it went. And, get this, I have to chase up the seller for a refund.

Fuck. That. SHIT!!!!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!!! !

Kirkz

LE
And Hermes has lost yet another of my packages and has no idea where it went. And, get this, I have to chase up the seller for a refund.

****. That. SHIT!!!!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!!! !
If their system is anything like Royal Mail then the contract is between the sender and Hermes, not the recipient. It's the senders job to chase the refund.
Also if their system is as over loaded as ours is, it's no wonder stuff goes missing, it's worse than Christmas at the minute with so many bored people at home ordering loads of stuff, difference is we take on extra staff at Christmas but this was unexpected and has the distance and cleaning element on top it's chaotic in mail centers.

If their system is anything like Royal Mail then the contract is between the sender and Hermes, not the recipient. It's the senders job to chase the refund.
Also if their system is as over loaded as ours is, it's no wonder stuff goes missing, it's worse than Christmas at the minute with so many bored people at home ordering loads of stuff, difference is we take on extra staff at Christmas but this was unexpected and has the distance and cleaning element on top it's chaotic in mail centers.
To bring it home, our local sorting office has had one of the posties die from the virus, a sad loss as he was well known and liked.
A parcel / letter/invoice/farmfoods flier is not worth any life.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

****. That. SHIT!!!!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!!! !
The wife had something similar from Hermes on Saturday, email stated that they'd delivered (bearing in mind, she's one of those on 12 week lockdown) yet no knock on the door/parcel left on doorstep or even left in the postbox, nada, nil , zero, zilch. She now has to inform the sender of this.

Latest Threads