Parcel couriers - the message that we all dread

My wife normally has packages numerous sent from Kipling (the bag company not the cake company unfortunately), by YODEL, and normally delivered by the same polite lad around lunch time every time with no issues.

Not today, despite being in at the alleged delivery time (computer says delivered and signed for) no package. Email immediately to YODEL to ask for an explanation with no positive response!!!! Email to Kipling, looking into it will respond on Monday some 3 days later, no rush then!!!!! My phone call to YODEL was transferred to South Africa and I appeared to be talking to the Ruling ANC Party Financial Officer!!!! Talk about excuses for non-delivery/yes it was delivered/you signed for it/incorrectly addressed/signed for by a neighbour (now I know they were telling fibs as we don't get on, funnily neither do most of the immediate neighbours with me, can't think why, civi no marks), all in the same sentence not stopping for breath man.

When I asked if they were trained by the Diane Abbot School of Excuses & Reasoning, I was accused of being very naughty!!!!

Just as well it was a bag being delivered and not cakes as when this issues is sorted the cakes would probably not be EXCEEDINGLY GOOD!!!

Parcelfarce - shit

Posted a package 18th Dec 18 (small parcel - £13). Heard nothing until I had to collect it from post office 18th Jan. Friend said no note had been posted through his door, but the package apparently sat at the depot for 21 days before being sent back to me.
Parcefarce's response......."sorry, you can't claim as the claim has to be received within 30 days!"
Hopefully with shit customer service like that they're on a path of self-destruction. Parcelfarce/post office still working on the customer service model of many years ago when they were nationalised/union-led.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I never really grasped the whole courier thing. I knew they were self-employed, then I read an article about it.

Pretty much zero vetting, zero skills required and they're on a shockingly tight profit margin.

It's no wonder they nick a fair whack of the stuff they're delivering. It's an easy gig - get some fake ID, go get a job as a courier, get your first van full and just fuck off with the whole lot. Not difficult at all.

................. Anyone got a spare van?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
so two boxes of wine left behind bin with note on mat, not for us but twats round corner who in past could not even say thanks when we took past wrong delivered parcels round,can i legally just drink the stuff ?

so two boxes of wine left behind bin with note on mat, not for us but twats round corner who in past could not even say thanks when we took past wrong delivered parcels round,can i legally just drink the stuff ?
Just drink it and deny all knowledge of ever seeing it or the note.
Be careful not to put the empties in your own bin, those couriers are sneaky fuckers ;)

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
No.

or

What boxes ?

can i legally just drink the stuff ?
Plod are no longer interested in lost property.So as long as you have made reasonable attempts* to find the owner, it's yours**.
* ie standing on your doorstep and saying in a soft voice "Who does this belong to"?
** Unless it's some cheap red wine, then pour it down a drain.

DHL are a bunch of spastics.

Their idiot driver ignored the clear instructions taped to the window and did not deliver the parcel with our neighbour (massive assumption that he can read English of course), I now have to drive a 40 mile round trip to collect it so my five year olds balloons will be inflated for his birthday party on Sunday, because they wont redeliver it until Monday. Also, a quick lesson in how to fill in delivery cards for their idiot driver wouldn't go amiss, so people don't have to, like me, play a guessing game/treasure hunt knocking on doors. Their phone number sucks too, as there is not a "speak to a human" option. Clowns.

Messaged them and their "customer service first-day-on-the-job" sixteen year old was obviously more interested in what everyone did last night than my trivial complaint, as after 4 1/2 hours, all they have said is "we will investigate it further". No one has done the Great Train Robbery. Their driver performed extremely badly and I have emailed them the evidence. Whats to investigate. It is a shame that I cant give them negative stars, because they owe me 2 stars for doing the "investigation" for them.

Benders

Their idiot driver ignored the clear instructions taped to the window and did not deliver the parcel with our neighbour (massive assumption that he can read English of course), I now have to drive a 40 mile round trip to collect it so my five year olds balloons will be inflated for his birthday party on Sunday, because they wont redeliver it until Monday. Also, a quick lesson in how to fill in delivery cards for their idiot driver wouldn't go amiss, so people don't have to, like me, play a guessing game/treasure hunt knocking on doors. Their phone number sucks too, as there is not a "speak to a human" option. Clowns.

Messaged them and their "customer service first-day-on-the-job" sixteen year old was obviously more interested in what everyone did last night than my trivial complaint, as after 4 1/2 hours, all they have said is "we will investigate it further". No one has done the Great Train Robbery. Their driver performed extremely badly and I have emailed them the evidence. Whats to investigate. It is a shame that I cant give them negative stars, because they owe me 2 stars for doing the "investigation" for them.

Benders
And breathe

Benders
Finally a 'resolution'. They will go out of their way and deliver it again tomorrow at no extra charge. A fuckin courier company delivering on a Saturday?

I suggested to their 'manager' that they put a pillow over the drivers face because he was too stupid to live. Not even a flicker.

Fuckin flids

Plod are no longer interested in lost property.So as long as you have made reasonable attempts* to find the owner, it's yours**.
* ie standing on your doorstep and saying in a soft voice "Who does this belong to"?
** Unless it's some cheap red wine, then pour it down a drain.
the dozen or so times i lugged stuff down to them they were not even thankful

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Finally a 'resolution'. They will go out of their way and deliver it again tomorrow at no extra charge. A fuckin courier company delivering on a Saturday?

I suggested to their 'manager' that they put a pillow over the drivers face because he was too stupid to live. Not even a flicker.

Fuckin flids
That's fcuking funny !

Not that they've stuffed up and have to fix it, but that you truly believe they'll actually pitch in time !
:-D :-D

That's fcuking funny !

Not that they've stuffed up and have to fix it, but that you truly believe they'll actually pitch in time !
:-D :-D
I hope to fuck its not the same driver because I will fuckin suffocate him.

Gobshites

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I hope to **** its not the same driver because I will fuckin suffocate him.

Gobshites
When he turns up on Monday.