Parcel couriers - the message that we all dread

DPD aren't allowed to deliver out of slot, it won't register on their doohickey, our driver has rung our bell before and let us know that he'll give us the package in 1 min time. TBH though, they are the best of the bunch and always reliable.
DPD got a gorillabox to me on a tight time window when I was back in the UK.

It either arrived on time or it was worthless as I would miss it.

Arrived smack on time, had my stuff in it about 30 minutes later and on a plane shortly after.

Ever so grateful, as it has lugged my stuff around since without some kit getting broken despite the best (or worst efforts) of the baggage monkeys at the airports I pass through.

Just had the Amazon man deliver a parcel and ask if I can take in a couple for the folks over the road. Pleasant, polite, smiley. Mind you he was a furriner. The locals are usually grumpy as fuck.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Christmas, who wouldn’t want a model Landrover Defender with lots of fiddly bits. I even bought some glue so the recipient could get started making a mess and sticking bits of himself together.

Arrived in good time. With the address label just stuck on original box. So much for a surprise present and the fact it was bashed flat and opened at both ends.
Ordered another one and it arrived exactly the same way, sent it back.
Now they don’t allow you to leave bad packaging reviews and refused the dames comprehensive and crisply written review.

Christmas, who wouldn’t want a model Landrover Defender with lots of fiddly bits. I even bought some glue so the recipient could get started making a mess and sticking bits of himself together.

Arrived in good time. With the address label just stuck on original box. So much for a surprise present and the fact it was bashed flat and opened at both ends.
Ordered another one and it arrived exactly the same way, sent it back.
Now they don’t allow you to leave bad packaging reviews and refused the dames comprehensive and crisply written review.
Which courier?

You want a model Landrover Defender too?
No, but whoever's selling the Land Rover will be selling other kits, I'd rather avoid a supplier who cant be arrsed to package models correctly

No, but whoever's selling the Land Rover will be selling other kits, I'd rather avoid a supplier who cant be arrsed to package models correctly
As a postie I'm constantly amazed at the shite people think is acceptable packaging,

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Can’t remember, but they’re the usual amazon delivery bods. Usually the amazon stuff arrives in an amazon cardboard box over that. Not on this occasion.

The replacement (which was a Lancaster bomber). Arrived properly packaged. Checked it says all fulfilled by Amazon

Can’t remember, but they’re the usual amazon delivery bods. Usually the amazon stuff arrives in an amazon cardboard box over that. Not on this occasion.

The replacement (which was a Lancaster bomber). Arrived properly packaged. Checked it says all fulfilled by Amazon
It'll be some zero hours contract worker, though @daz is right whoever sent it should have packed it properly the lazy fuckfraggle.

Had a text message saying that DHL had dropped a package off "in the porch", which was odd as no one was at home to open the door. Got home to find the package on the doorstep with a card posted through the letterbox again notifying me the package was "in the porch":rolleyes:

I had a YODEL delivery today without any issues.
Email to say the goods were on their way, tracking details/link that allowed me to check progress, and an interactive map showing where the van was in relation to me.
1000 times better than my last dealings 2 years ago when the package was returned to the depot for some reason and the depot "lost" it before redelivering 24 hrs after my visit

I expect tomorrow DPD and UK mail/ DHL DPD ( Gareth ) will be about 14:30 and the nice girl (Jane*) ,with the goth tatts will be 18:15 I know this because that when there is a brew on here.

* still trying for a screen grab off the cctv :cool:

There's some cracking complaints re couriers across the web, for example, just type yodel is shit, some right corkers. End of the day though, I don't get people ordering next day delivery, knowing full well nobody will be at home. Arseholes.

There's some cracking complaints re couriers across the web, for example, just type yodel is shit, some right corkers. End of the day though, I don't get people ordering next day delivery, knowing full well nobody will be at home. *********.
You should see the amount of redeliveries we get for parcels, then find no one in, some of them ask for 3 or 4 redeliveries the utter wankers.

There's some cracking complaints re couriers across the web, for example, just type yodel is shit, some right corkers. End of the day though, I don't get people ordering next day delivery, knowing full well nobody will be at home. *********.
Some of us have a 10 second commute to work, and have to fall out of bed somewhere before 10am

It's a tough life