Parcel couriers - the message that we all dread

Pretty much the only time oversize gets done on SA or docket at our office is Christmas pressure or if there's a york full for one address.

Our office is a little different and um.......interesting I s'pose may be the word :)

It works, but it's being made to work if that makes sense?

I've just started doing wagon shifts at another Mail Centre and that's like a different world. Much more organised and mire laid back attitude. Union presence and effectiveness shows massively

Our office is a little different and um.......interesting I s'pose may be the word :)

It works, but it's being made to work if that makes sense?

I've just started doing wagon shifts at another Mail Centre and that's like a different world. Much more organised and mire laid back attitude. Union presence and effectiveness shows massively
Our's is the main office for the city, any oversize are usually dropped off first to get them out of the way unless they are early on on the walk.

In the last month I have ordered two items from Russia, both arrived within 7 days via Russia Post and Royal Mail, they were fully tracked at every step using Russia Post's tracking service.. Most impressed..

In the last month I have ordered two items from Russia, both arrived within 7 days via Russia Post and Royal Mail, they were fully tracked at every step using Russia Post's tracking service.. Most impressed..
You were lucky. Advice I received was avoid December for anything from or transiting through Russia Posts hands as they are all on a vodka binge and fuck all gets done, and what little is, is done wrong.

One word....lodgers

Not only do they answer the royal amazon postie knocks they actually reduce your house insurance

Wins all round, apart perhaps from your currently family

City Link used to be the worst but that title is being hotly contested by Hermes & DPD.
DHL or as they are known within Air Cargo as: Drop it, Hide it, Lose it.
UKMail are not good but do beat Hermes, DPD just keeping trying to deliver after order canceled!!
UPS very good but you are paying for the service as with Parcel Force.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I wonder if KFC will keep to the same courier company after the latest fiasco.

I wonder if KFC will keep to the same courier company after the latest fiasco.
I doubt KFC will run with two firms, as they’ll be a caveat with DHL.

Management foul play.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

all your uk mail problems are just minor details,here in the banana bender state in the land of the koala rat, we are still recieving xmas cards, one we received last tuesday was posted in the next town (18kms westof us) on the 14th of dec, and parcels just disappear,I might have mentioned it in a previous thread ,my medals were stolen, applied and paid for replacements,they went missing at the int,post sorting office in brisbane, they too disappeared. after 4 weeks investigation australia post paid for another set of copies to be sent from uk, these also went missing, to be found a couple of weeks later in a garbage bin in the brisbane sorting office

Strange all the bad rep of DHL and Hermes, I find over here in Germany they are both very efficient. i have signed paperwork to allow them to leave deliveries in my carport shed which they do and leave a note in my letterbox. I only ever had a bad service with one local firm which took 6 days to deliver a parcel from only 60 kilometers away.

Strange all the bad rep of DHL and Hermes, I find over here in Germany they are both very efficient. i have signed paperwork to allow them to leave deliveries in my carport shed which they do and leave a note in my letterbox. I only ever had a bad service with one local firm which took 6 days to deliver a parcel from only 60 kilometers away.
I've only once had an issue with DHL, when they left a parcel on my back door step that ended up getting wet, why they left it there when my garage and shed are always open and there is an open scrap car on the drive is beyond me.
I've made a point of speaking to any local delivery drivers and telling them where to leave stuff in future and that seems to have helped.
As a postie myself if I see a customer who gets lots of parcels I make a point of asking them where they would like parcels left or if they'd prefer to have them returned to the depot, this has certainly helped as far as I'm concerned as I've had very few complaints in the 20 odd years I've been doing the job.

As a postie myself if I see a customer who gets lots of parcels I make a point of asking them where they would like parcels left or if they'd prefer to have them returned to the depot, this has certainly helped as far as I'm concerned as I've had very few complaints in the 20 odd years I've been doing the job.
I'll bet that helps when it comes around to tips at Christmas?

I'll bet that helps when it comes around to tips at Christmas?
It certainly does mukker, it pays to look after your customers in this kind of work. I often average about £300 in tips around Christmas.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I hate to risk the ire of @Kirkz but the only stuff I have ever had gone missing was via Royal Mail, the complaints procedure is also shite as is the level of service when making one.

I hate to risk the ire of @Kirkz but the only stuff I have ever had gone missing was via Royal Mail, the complaints procedure is also shite as is the level of service when making one.
No ire here Mukker there are some slack posties about who really don't give a fuck but thankfully they are not the norm, there's also some light fingered fuckers too but they soon get caught, it's no real consolation when it's your package I know and yes the complaints procedure is crap, pretty standard for the industry.