Parcel couriers - the message that we all dread

Several items ordered on ebay/amazon to get a car through an MOT. All small, jiffy bag sized components. Ordered 3 weeks ago and all from UK suppliers.

Every one of the companies has sent them by Hermes. MOT Cancelled as none have arrived.

Click and collect or Royal Mail from now on...

Several items ordered on ebay/amazon to get a car through an MOT. All small, jiffy bag sized components. Ordered 3 weeks ago and all from UK suppliers.

Every one of the companies has sent them by Hermes. MOT Cancelled as none have arrived.

Click and collect or Royal Mail from now on...
Hermes are shi*te...

We ordered some materials from a supplier last week. Despatched via Hermes on Thursday.

On saturday I recieved an email saying it would be delivered on Sunday...WTF?????

Needless to say I was not at work on Sunday and the gates to the Industrial estate were locked.

Package finally turned up this morning.

Five days to move a carton from Newcastle to Shrewsbury.

Our supplier in the USA can get a shipment to us in 4 days from Michigan.

Anyway, we've told our supplier not to send us anything via Hermes again.

Ordered several bits off Amazon, delivery date was Thursday this week. Email received yesterday that they tried to deliver but were unable. Has anyone else had problems with UPS being unable to tell the difference with the days of the week ?

Previously, I would order my contact lenses direct from the supplier in Scandiland, and they took 7-14 days to eventually arrive. Now I order them from a UK supplier, same lenses, they arrive the NEXT DAY via Royal Mail and cost less.
I can also track the deliveries progress on t'interweb.
Marvelous.

Bought a stereo off eBay and the seller sent it via Hermes, estimated delivery date 23rd, it arrived at 09:20 this morning.
Pretty good really and that's coming from me a Royal Mail postie. I still wouldn't use them or any other courier tbh but then I want to stay in work.

Bought a stereo off eBay and the seller sent it via Hermes, estimated delivery date 23rd, it arrived at 09:20 this morning.
Pretty good really and that's coming from me a Royal Mail postie. I still wouldn't use them or any other courier tbh but then I want to stay in work.
I don't work for the Royal Mail, but I do think that they are hard to beat.

I ordered some clothes to be delivered at home last weekend on the Saturday on a next day delivery, waited all morning sat in the living room which is near the front door with the TV on quiet, I got up and walked into the hallway around lunchtime to find a Hermes "sorry you weren't in" ticket on the floor, rang the driver on the number on the ticket and asked what the craic was seen as I'd been waiting all morning, he then started ranting that he knocked hard three times and rang the doorbell, which I thought was utter bollocks as there is no way I wouldn't have heard him! He then insisted he'd try to deliver it on Monday despite me saying I wouldn't be in. I finally got my parcel left behind the bin on the Wednesday.
I've no idea why they go to the effort of coming to the door to push a ticket through but seem averse to actually making the delivery :shock:

If I order off e bay I message the seller to ask who is their chosen delivery firm. If they tell me Yodel or Hermes then I don't buy off them. I'll only use Royal Mail.

Hermes are shi*te...

We ordered some materials from a supplier last week. Despatched via Hermes on Thursday.

On saturday I recieved an email saying it would be delivered on Sunday...WTF?????

Needless to say I was not at work on Sunday and the gates to the Industrial estate were locked.

Package finally turned up this morning.

Five days to move a carton from Newcastle to Shrewsbury.

Our supplier in the USA can get a shipment to us in 4 days from Michigan.

Anyway, we've told our supplier not to send us anything via Hermes again.
on Tyne or U-Lyme ? ;)
If I order off e bay I message the seller to ask who is their chosen delivery firm. If they tell me Yodel or Hermes then I don't buy off them. I'll only use Royal Mail.
But you would not be using them the seller would and that puts the ball firmly in their court.

myhermes courier ok overall, leaves card & does re-attempt delivery.
DHL, DPD & UPS are all regulars in my area.
Royal Mail deliveries are consistent but general very late in the day.

Best to date, Parcelforce as early morning (usually before 0900) regular as clockwork.

Best to date, Parcelforce as early morning (usually before 0900) regular as clockwork.
My bold - If it's generally late in the day then you are towards the end of that walk, walks are delivered the same way everyday.

My bold - If it's generally late in the day then you are towards the end of that walk, walks are delivered the same way everyday.
Unless of course the oversize are being done on SA or docket

Some of the smaller offices farm out the parcels due to being mostly rural and walk outs

We try that regularly, with mixed results. We live north of Aberdeen and Royal Mail is by far the best. Yodel employ retards who seem unable to walk and breathe at the same time so working out that simply stopping at the red dot on the sat nav and expecting the house to be RIGHT THERE doesn’t work that well in rural postcodes. Hermes have been known to deliver as far as Aberdeen, or sometimes only Dundee, then subcontract to a local company who will only deliver when they have enough parcels to make it worthwhile coming out our way, so delivery dates are more of a best guess than anything. DPD on the other hand are usually very good, one hour slots by SMS, updates if that is (rarely) delayed, and they use the same drivers in the same areas so they know where they’re going. Most companies have contracts with couriers so won’t bypass them and send via Royal Mail instead (if it’s Hermes this has often resulted in order cancelled) but Ebayers are pretty flexible.

My own fault for living in the Tundra though.

They also change postie's regular too (rotation system?) sometimes it's lunchtime while it's been as late as 1630 too.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Unless of course the oversize are being done on SA or docket

Some of the smaller offices farm out the parcels due to being mostly rural and walk outs
Pretty much the only time oversize gets done on SA or docket at our office is Christmas pressure or if there's a york full for one address.

They also change postie's regular too (rotation system?) sometimes it's lunchtime while it's been as late as 1630 too.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
Sounds like you're on a lapsed walk if the postie changes that often.