Paratroopers launch biggest battle in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by shortarms, Jun 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Link

2. Excellent work, chaps.

Nice to see that they managed to get the 3PARA mortars' motto "inserted in the end" too. :D
  3. [/quote]

It appears the traditions of a certain mortar platoon are alive and well. Good work 16 Air Assault BDE!
  4. Well done lads, although "Paratroopers launch biggest battle in Afghanistan" seems like bull to me.
  5. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Glad to see post firefight humour is alive and well. Doubt many civvies will get that, I only found out after joining you reprobates.

Well done lads. Keep up the good work. I also see that Captain Andy Mallet has been promoted and appears to be prospering. Last I read (admittedly over a year ago) he was a Lieutenant. Congrats
  6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Well done. I like the fighting talk preamble to goad them. Now that's how you start a bar-fight!
  7. have already added this battle honour and quote to the 3 para mortar wiki entry. found here if you want a swatch.
  8. What's up Spaz.............jealous!
  9. Well done lads.
    I liked this........

"They start it, we finish it." :D
  10. the taliban fight like women...classic!
    3 para shit hot.
  11. If the Taliban fought like men, then 3 Para mortars would have an even easier task!
  12. If the Taliban fought like men, then 3 Para mortars would have an even easier task!
  13. Of course I'm very glad that no one Brit was hurt but gents let's call things by their real names.

It is no more than a tactical operation without any strategic importance. The Taliban would restore its control over the territory as soon as the troops live it. Damage to the Taliban forces is insignificant if we ever can speak about damage.

Major Jamie Loden as an experienced sodier (I believe) understands pretty well that the Taliban uses the best possible tactics - avoids direct military confrontations with superior British forces.
  14. Sergei - at least we seem to be doing well...what was your prognosis in say 1984??
  15. Sergey while it is true that the Taliban will move in again once the Paras leave, this will have been a massive blow to the Talibans reputation in the area.

The Taliban think that they are safe in their strongholds in the green zone and we've shown them time and time again that we can go in there and get them wherever they hide. This will have been a massive psychological victory.