Paratroopers Day

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Pebbles015, Jun 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. "The annual holiday for airborne troops has been celebrated since the Soviet era"

Why, there contribution was.........?

2. Apart from inventing the concept, you mean?

3. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

I thought every day was paratroopers day?

4. Touche! :)

5. Didn't really advance the idea in WW2 though, tactical situation not withstanding.

6. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

...to stay out of the way and not cause dramas whilst properly equipped units got on with the real fighting on the basis of sound doctrine? (winky thing)

• Like Like x 1
  7. True enough, but the Soviet Union was the first state to constitute airborne forces, the first to drop airborne forces into battle, the first to include a major airborne drop in a major field exercise, and the first to totally mechanize its airborne forces. Since 1930, the Soviet Army maintained the world's largest airborne force. Today's Russian airborne is still the world's largest.
    I bet one of those snazzy blue and white stripey t-shirts would look the shizzle with faded Levi's and a pair of piss stained dessies. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. True, and they were awesome on RED DAWN! :)

9. Before the usual chest beating starts here's some balance.
    Behold some photos of Russian Hats big timing themselves up. Enjoy, I liked the signallers, me.

Attached Files:

10. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

And here are some more Russian hats.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Number 2 of that series is possibly the gayest image ever committed to the internet

12. Considering one of them is a split arse, I denounce your statement and raise you this:

[​IMG]

13. Touche! tenletters