Paratrooper.. To be, or not to be.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Senseist, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all.
    I am currently on hold for Selection and I have been fiddling around with my job choices before I call up and give the ACO the all clear. What I would really like to know is how Para Training differs from other infantry Regiments besides P-Company and the parachute training. I hear that P-Coy takes place around week 22 of training?
  2. Groans (not again!). There is no real difference. It comes down to complexion and hair colour. Maroon berets look crap on say, Ginger people. More of a fashion statement really.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. There are far superior individuals on this website with the 'Gen!' However, my understanding is that the 22 week PARA training is geared towards P Company from the offset. Therefore, the physical demands for the entire 22 weeks are far greater than any other line Infantry in preparation of the demands of future roles.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Cheers. My older understanding was that Paras went through P-Coy really early on in their training. I would be up for a harder version of standard infantry training as long as I knew i was getting that Beret and wings at the end of it. Met a Para during an Insight course and my god he looked like and action hero.
  5. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Blobmeister has given you the gist of it, and your recruiter will be able to fill in the gaps. Look up PRAC to give you an idea of what you need to be preparing for if you decide to put Para down as one of your job choices.

To avoid this thread going the way of dozens of other in the past, I will lock it now.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.