Paratrooper or royal marine?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by wb_paratrooper, Apr 7, 2007.

?
  1. Paratrooper

55.0%
  2. Royal marine

45.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi i want to be in a infantry role but i am not shore what to be at of a royal marine or a paratrooper, can anyone help what one is a better role?

Thanks Luke

2. Who is Luke?

3. me

4. Try the new Army Pathfinder test to find out which unit suits you best.

It works really well........honestly!

• Like Like x 1
  5. WAH!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Thanks what do i go on to take that test?

7. Here you go.

http://pathfinder.armyjobs.mod.uk/

I've got a feeling that it's the Paras for you, but give it a try and see what it says.

Regards
    T_T

8. If you are serious in yoru confusion between the two why not ask about a joint role down at your local careers office.

There is a unit called 'Jungle Light reconasaince Royal Airborne commando's' They take direct entry's from 17 to 19 1/2 regardless of background and ability to spell.

My brother in law is serving with them now an enjoys skydiving and rubbing the barnacles off the bottom off landing craft.

Upper body strength is required, but a sharp brain, keen eye and stare that would frighten a rhino are all tested at your Local ACIO.

When you attend the ACIO and you make serious enquiries regarding this unit you may find yourself swept to one side and treated a little differently to those joining the normal run of the mill stuff.

Good luck, hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 'Jungle Light reconasaince Royal Airborne commando's' the sister unit of 49 para no less?

10. Having just come back from helmand i was attached to 45 commando zulu company lot of there own lads were leaving or transferring as they r treated very badly by there head shed a lot of them said they wish they joined the paras so take what u want from that

11. It does not say what job it just says what ur like

12. Yes, then it says "Click on the Army Jobs link below"

This is the one you want "Browse Army Jobs"

Try again.

13. But it does give you a list of jobs that would be suited to the type of person you are, just tried it.

14. There is a unit called 'Jungle Light reconasaince Royal Airborne commando's' They take direct entry's from 17 to 19 1/2 regardless of background and ability to spell.

I'm EX JLR RAC A Sqn... I miss the days when women couldn't get enough of the units name..

Now you have to work for it baby!

BTW can't be arrsed to do your poll your name says that you've already chosen otherwise you'd be wb_commando or wb_confused - though you may still be confused.

Though if your confused you best speak to Mr Doh nut.. he can sort you out

15. On rumration.co.uk i have wb_marine its because this is army site and mr doh nut i would be lost even more look at his name lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.