Paratrooper cartoon

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by sheffieldJUO, Mar 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I want to get hold of a copy of the classic cartoon comparing a paratrooper with a 'hat'. In one it shows the para in combat order compared to the 'hat' who is in a state. Then it's the opposite way round when they're on a night out. Tried google but no luck.

Anyone know of a link?

2. It's in the arrse gallery somewhere, probably in military humour.

3. Oi.....less of the old gits!

The original is on the wall in the Traf and the artist is still serving in 2 Para.

4. Best image I could find on FB, might give you some idea of what it was like......

Attached Files:

5. Didn't they used to be on the wall of The Peggy?

6. Yup....we took a load of the stuff before the Albanians moved in and trashed the gaff.

7. Are they supposed to be funny?

8. For those with a sense of humour.

9. For those that can't count to 10? ;)

The Para-smock is so named so you boys could work out which one to wear :)

10. Prince Albert 1
    JD 0

11. Yeah seen that and it's really quite good!
    Until of course you actually go to Brecon or Warminster and then finish the course with paras in the bottom third and 'hats' with distinctions!

12. Had one in the Bar in NI. I think it was donated by the artist, but don't quote me on that.

I always thought it was quite funny, but I tend not to take such banter as seriously as some... besides, the grammar and spelling in some of the comments was fcuking awful.

'Capbadge, normally round like bottle-top' was one comment, and something about 'the Hat's' black eye (in civvies) being given to him by one of the Para's wives (poss even the Artists!!!)

Likewise there was something about the symbol (can't remember if it is blazer badge (the Hat is wearing a blazer on the p1ss for some unknown reason) being 'a dragon or something hard'