Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by wildcard.rgbw, Aug 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can someone tell me what year these smocks were issued, definately not recent, just I'm going to chuck it on ebay and some extra info would be good, because I'm allocating this as a "Help for heroes" one.

This parasmock stands apart as the other 2 smocks I'm throwing online for the charity are actually labelled "SMOCK, PARACHUTIST and have more recent DPM pattern whilst this one looks odd.

Could it possibly be a collectors item?

Says 100% cotton,

Ref: 712-2316

Attached Files:

2. Why?
  3. A couple of brand new smocks I have in stock which are para-spec have exactly the same DPM pattern as the Soldier 95 we have, same as my uniform, evem the shades of green and brown...

and someone PLEASEEE TELL me what which unit this TRF is for!!! I'm scratching my head like hell

Attached Files:

4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

It's not a TRF - it is a DZ flash!
  5. Ok... whose it for!? :D
  6. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

At a guess, I'd say that the first smock is not issued, and has been made for the surplus store market as the label wording sounds distinctly non-military. The badge on the 2nd smock is the RE TRF overlayed on the 9 (Para) Sqn RE DZ flash.
  7. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Give you a clue - which Corps has blue and red stripes like those in their stable belt?
  8. I saw some 299 (Para) Engineer (V) lads cutting about with them.

So Airborne Sapper perhaps?
  9. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

10. Excellent, cheers for the help lads! :D
  11. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

You're correct,it's got a plastic zip.I 'obtained' one off a mate around 1988 when I was in Germany however it's IRR material tho.
    It had the name of the company who made it but it's that faded on mine I cant read it anymore.
  12. The blue diagonal flash is a DZ flash 9 Sqn, the square flash in the centre is a RE TRF.
  13. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

The larger NAAFIs in BFG used to stock them IIRC.
  14. It's the new DZ flash (well not that new now) worn by sappers serving with 23 Engineer Regiment. Not just a case of the TRF being sewn ontop of the DZ.