• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Paras

Hey, im set on joining the paras but wondering what the average day of a para like as i am planning to join the AFC when im 16 ( at the moment 15) ? soz if this question has already been asked, cheers :thumleft:

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Maybe you could post your age? i suspect some people are already rubbing their hands at the possible answers, your age might get them to behave...

Alexhill said:
Each other ive heard, in a serious way, will they still perform like an infantry unit except with parachuting added in?
You really ARE looking for a date with a QA - in the worst possible way..?

Alexhill said:
Alexhill said:
In a serious way, will they still perform like an infantry unit except with parachuting added in?
i was asking the question in a serious way not the first part
If this isn't a wind up - google 'The Parachute Regiment' - and read EVERYTHING - TWICE.

Then if you are serious - phone a Recruiter - numbers there for you - and they will call you back - that will then give you your answers...

AFC = Air Force Cadets?? Try ACF - probably more useful..

Thanks for a good reply, Im not in anyway taking it lightly, I just had the thought from a friend who told me. Im just watching those documentarys below that video you sent me. cheers and goodluck tom! :thumright:

im at AFC Harrogate doing my phase 1 and its good but something like 5% of the Para's actually make (out of 1400 junior Soldiers) per year. bear in mind that you may not like the infantry so get a back up pal, ive seen my mates(infanteers) go on Excersises first and second flight and think fook that its REME/RAC/RLC for me.

Latest Threads