Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paras

I’m 16 and going to AFC Harrogate in September, and I’ve always wanted to be in the parachute regiment. when I went To the assessment centre I was fit and got 9:15 run time but I’ve been training since then and I’m a lot more fit now. Unfortunately my run time didn’t qualify for the paras at the time but I was wondering if it’s possible to be re tested at Harrogate and to have another opportunity to qualify? Thanks.

I’m 16 and going to AFC Harrogate in September, and I’ve always wanted to be in the parachute regiment. when I went To the assessment centre I was fit and got 9:15 run time but I’ve been training since then and I’m a lot more fit now. Unfortunately my run time didn’t qualify for the paras at the time but I was wondering if it’s possible to be re tested at Harrogate and to have another opportunity to qualify? Thanks.
Your best bet is to contact AFC Harrogate direct and ask them. Most people on here left the army long before you were born. I would guess though they may let you change when you get there if you show promise and exeptional fitness. But it would depend on vacancies.

If you join the RE, RA, R Sigs, and RLC, they all have Airborne units that you can join when you pass out of Adult phase 2 training and pass All Arms P Company. You can also get a trade, for when you finally leave the army.

Arran1

Crow
Same thing happened to me what have they said to you.

Latest Threads