Discussion in 'Infantry' started by armytankieboy, Apr 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm looking into joining the paras and failing that the RAC but a I doing right looking to join the paras. can some shed some light on this.
  2. Prepare for incoming is my advice...
  3. You need to sit down and think about what you want from your Army career. There's a massive difference between the paras and the tankies (usually around 4 stone :D )

Go away, do some research on both jobs, speak to the careers office then come back here.

Do youself a favour and stop asking bone questions.
  4. If you need to ask then you probably don't possess the dedication and drive necessary to pass P Coy. You must be 100% committed and willing to put your body through hell and back to achieve your aim.
    That having been said the RAC are not a lesser choice but they don't insist on the levels of fitness required of the Airborne Infantry.
    Whatever career path you decide on make sure it's the one you really want and the one you feel capable of.
  5. This P Company thing. I just wonder if the SAS bloke whose obit is in today's DT had to undergo that level of testing before he was packed off behind enemy lines. He would have attracted attention there had he been seen running or staggering about with jerry cans to keep himself fit for his job.
    Given that his daily life in THEM will be quite intensive and the pie eaters will soon be detected, should we find a way around P course which apparently does a lot of physical harm and mental stress? I see its continued existence as part of the mystique that goes with maroon berets. All part of the 'I'm better than any crap hat' syndrome.
    Before para come back on a personal level, can I add that the times I worked with them were always great. I even found myself despising my own crap hat status!
  6. I wouldn't recommend the RAC, the AA have a better pension plan and I hear good things about Green Flag...
  7. Get a trade in the REME, RE, RCT ,MEDICS,then reconsider