Paras without wings - no planes for jumps...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Alsacien, Jul 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

2. Got 3 jumps in last month...in the USA though...

3. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

4. well jumps may be being reduced due to operational tempo but July has been a good month..

my coys penguins got there wings this month.

and three jumps in the states for yours truely.....

.....jet wings anyone!!!!!! 8) 8)

Red

5. I dont know, but id find it hard to believe that the Para Regt battalions would allow guys to stay in the battalion a long time, without the prospect of doing the jumps course.

If guys from other units have done P Coy but have to wait a while until they can go to Brize-thats understandable...I get the feeling thats what the article means.

Imagine the poss taking the blokes would have in 1,2, 3 Para if they had to wait a long time for Brize norton to come up.

Im not saying this article is wrong, but it might not be as bad as its stating.

But if im wrong, its a sad state of affairs for the para regt.

6. I doubt it's got much to do with operational tempo. More likely a result of government penny pinching.

7. OFR!

8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I thought the MoD had outsourced the jump training aircraft to a civilian company (ie-not using RAF planes)

9. Well ok, there are several reasons: tight budget, few aircraft, aircraft needed on ops...and (of course) most importantly the RAF being JACK!

10. I'm trying to find the t-shirt that says 'i've been sucked off by a C17'!

13. No, Red, the RAF is the joke !

14. Well, down here in the South East we are still making Parachute Training Balloons just like the RAF used to use and I currently have two going through the factory for an overseas customer. Lots cheaper than aeroplanes to buy and to run . . . roll up . . . roll up.

15. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Thanks, you just reminded me how feckin scary ballon jumps are....