Paras wearing flecktarn

I was at south cerney back last summer and i noticed that there was a battalion of paras practising jumping out of the skyvan.
There was some soldier (and if my memory serves me a couple) wearing flecktarn. Is this a para thing, or is it an ally thing to do whilst training??

Woody32 said:
I was at south cerney back last summer and i noticed that there was a battalion of paras practising jumping out of the skyvan.
There was some soldier (and if my memory serves me a couple) wearing flecktarn. Is this a para thing, or is it an ally thing to do whilst training??
Just one? or two? Exchange Officer or Senior or one of each?

Door_Bundle_Mk2 said:
Sure they weren't Germans? The blokes wear some strange variations of DPM but I've never seen them wearing flecktarn.
Thats a great sig blockDB2, its always nice to see a father and daughter get on so well.

sandmanfez said:
Door_Bundle_Mk2 said:
Sure they weren't Germans? The blokes wear some strange variations of DPM but I've never seen them wearing flecktarn.
Thats a great sig blockDB2, its always nice to see a father and daughter get on so well.
Isn't it? Brings a tear to my (Japs) eye every time I see it.

Back on to thread now.................those Germans eh? Murdering, Jew burning fcukers weren't they?

No wonder that camera man had to put **** covers on his wifes couch or why he hasn't got round to taking his xmas deccies down. What was the thread again.....

Woody32 said:
there was one atleast however i seem to remember seeing more.
Maybe the RLC's "Silver Mllllaarrss" getting there knees in the breeze, they require a Skyvan to lift ther lard arrses and big ego's

CakewellTart said:
No wonder that camera man had to put * covers on his wifes couch or why he hasn't got round to taking his xmas deccies down. What was the thread again.....
Your sh*tting me, right? if you've got that going on at home, its Christmas every day of the year. :D

Due to nearly all the Hercules aircraft being tied up in Iraq or Afghanistan then things like the Red Devils Sky Van are being pressed into action for training purposes

The Freds havn't got G-ORED anymore (but they still jump it occasionally), they sold it 2 years ago. They have to hire aircraft now. The Skyvan is due to get binned in May too, stand by for even more of a clusterf**k on the military para front. :roll:

The skyvan was 'G-PIGY'. and i don't think the paras there were doing their jump training as there was what looked like a whole battalion. How come nobody likes the silver stars lol?

Yeah, G-PIGY is used regularly to conduct continuation training for trained soldiers. It is the only small airframe available to conduct parachuting from, which is very handy because of it's short take-off capability. Which is why it is such a crazy decision to get rid of it soon, especially in light of the shortage of C 130s.

The Silver Stars are OK, well the ex Freds at least! Clarkey is good for a bit of banter too!

polar69 said:
Maybe its the advance invasion force for Sealion2006
Wifes German .... me and the kids speak it fluently .... No worries :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bondi-Babe-Magnet Infantry 218
Red-On The NAAFI Bar 149
E Infantry 0