Paras vs Rifles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there. Trying to decide weather to go paras or rifles. If the training is similar for the most part besides p company ill probably go for paras. Im under the impression training from day 1 with the paras is a a lot harder than normal infantry regiments such as rifles. Mentally Id like to think i could handle the paras. Physically im not too sure. The best time ive ran the 2km is 8:19 and this at the begging of my training. Most of the time it averages out between 9:00 - 9:40. I've got my assessment centre coming up before Christmas to which id need to get the time below 8:15. And i wouldn't be streamed in until around march time anyway giving me time to train. Problems with money ( food) have left me at a small 60kg at 5'8 at 17 years old. So i am small. But not weak. What does everyone think ? thanks lads. Right now im thinking it would be better to go for rifles for 4 years i think it is ? and then go for paras if i still want too. Unsure.

Oyibo

LE
If your fitness and commitment aren't top notch before trying for the Parachute Regiment your chances of passing are very slim indeed.

Hi there. Trying to decide weather to go paras or rifles. If the training is similar for the most part besides p company ill probably go for paras. Im under the impression training from day 1 with the paras is a a lot harder than normal infantry regiments such as rifles. Mentally Id like to think i could handle the paras. Physically im not too sure. The best time ive ran the 2km is 8:19 and this at the begging of my training. Most of the time it averages out between 9:00 - 9:40. I've got my assessment centre coming up before Christmas to which id need to get the time below 8:15. And i wouldn't be streamed in until around march time anyway giving me time to train. Problems with money ( food) have left me at a small 60kg at 5'8 at 17 years old. So i am small. But not weak. What does everyone think ? thanks lads. Right now im thinking it would be better to go for rifles for 4 years i think it is ? and then go for paras if i still want too. Unsure.
Ello mate, Im only an OTC punter so I’m not a real soldier nor do I have too much expertise on the ins and outs of Catterick. But my opinion is if you’re gonna go infantry, just go for the hardest at first and if it proves to be way beyond your depth then you can always put in a request to transfer to the rifles once you’re in training. I wouldn’t bank on getting the transfer once you’ve spent 4 years in battalion already having passed the regular infantry course. I wouldn’t worry too much about your weight, I’m 5”8 and weigh 64kg and have no issues with any phys that I do, granted it won’t be as intense as catterick. My main point tho is if you have aspirations to be a para, then go for that first and foremost, rather than not taking your chance now, being denied a transfer and not getting the chance to do it in the future. Just my two cents

Sincerely

A UOTC mong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shakebody

Swinger
Self determination is the key... Remember that "there's no limit to what you can achieve" if u just believe it you can achieve it... So I'll say go for paras...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Seniors 5
S Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment 59
Z Infantry 102

Latest Threads