Paras take on US Marines

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Oyibo, Sep 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well not exactly, but I was interested to see this charity effort:

Parachute Regiment Charity-USMC Marathon is fundraising for The Parachute Regiment Charity

A very worthy cause, money sent. I look forward to hearing how it went.

2. Good drills this is what true heros do, They should be up for sports personailties of the year instead of those over paid footballers. True team spirit will get Tom over the finish line.

3. I doubt they'll call it off because of bad plumbing and snakes :)

4. Absolutely spot on...

5. *bump* - this is a great thread

6. Damn right.

Regardless of capbadge, that's inspiring enough to make me bung them a donation.

7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Great cause and I wish them all the very best. A little bit will be on the way at the end of the month.

At least all those stretcher races had a purpose then!!! :)

8. The gallant Paras can count on one of the best conducted and inspiring marathons in the world, having run it many times including the inaugural event in 1976 when our Marine Reserve sponsored it.

I also throw down the cudgel to the Bootnecks who should not let the Paras show them up. I will also be in touch with our Wounded Warrior Regiment to ensure they host all of our British cousins properly.

To encourage maximum participation in supporting this great effort I will donate a signed copy of Michael Yon's new pictorial of the war in Iraq for auction.

9. JJH...if you go along please feel free to shout 'Ginger' at Tom!

10. Nice one JJH. I'm sure that will be greatly appreciated.

I'll be bidding on Michael Yon's book.

11. It's about time he got out of that cushy office job the little skiver,he's putting on the beef :)

12. Ha Ha! I blame his big mate for not beasting him enough!

13. I love the mental image of an ex USMC officer shouting "ginggeeeeer" at a British Paratrooper in DC.

Be sure to video it JJH :)

14. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Best of luck to all of them, I had the honour of meeting young Jaco, you can see his photo on the slingsby site, with Max arthur, edited to say, i,ll be bunging a few quid in the tin for them.