Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paras make first operational jump since Suez, apparently.

daywalker

LE
Kit Reviewer
Your right with numbers, after 2 years out of role it is reduced 50% and after 4 years+ you lose it all together. So people in airborne units will be fine, until they get posted out etc.

Well, this the Dutch SF doing it in 2009 (the first operational jump for 60 years or something)
I believe that's the interpreter getting his pre-flight checks. (Edited - not it isn't the interpreter went tandem)

Attachments

• kctmff03.jpg
    kctmff03.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 765

into de_void

Swinger
If that is what the pic shows then the Cloggies are going the full monty there, do we train our Interps in free fall and weapon handling?

If that is what the pic shows then the Cloggies are going the full monty there, do we train our Interps in free fall and weapon handling?

See my edit - the interpreter was another dark complexioned bloke. Unarmed and clipped up to one of the KCT.

into de_void

Swinger
Bigeye, your edit makes sense; still has me wondering who the mystery dark skinned tooled up bloke in a different cam pattern to the other two is though? Did you find the photo on the Afghan Army SF Det website?

The interpreter is on the far left of the group (note tandem rig). The blokes in DPM are crew from the RNLAF Herc
IIRC the images originally came from a Netherlands MoD press release - I can't find the link now.

Attachments

• kctmff04.jpg
    kctmff04.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 744
It's bad enough that the poor Dutch have to learn their own language never mind Pashto.
Here's the inevitable group shot:

Attachments

• kctmff01.jpg
    kctmff01.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 722

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Not true, they are just changing the reserve band spec pay. So anyone out of a para role for a certain time will lose it.

You have a reserve band as well? blimey how many musicions do you need?

Never mind first Operational jump since Suez looks like your next Operational Jump might be Suez

The circle will be complete

You've gotta love the Dutch taking a terp on a ff para insertion, I wonder if he got danger pay?
Why would he want danger pay - when he had the opportunity to have a big butch Dutchman strapped to his arrse: from wot I've heard that offer would have most Afghan warriors forming a disroderly queue of half a kilometre . . .

Latest Threads