Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paras...Hat Cnuts..

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Back then it was a rarity for anyone in the Parachute Brigades to not be parachute trained.
There were a few people attached - so wore the same beret - but were strongly encouraged to do P Coy and fully integrate.
As you are probably aware there are a few Regt/Corps Facebook pages, the ACC has quite a few, there's even an Airborne ACC page where only those that have taken and passed P-Coy and jumped can join, they get someone to make a check on their records.

As you are probably aware there are a few Regt/Corps Facebook pages, the ACC has quite a few, there's even an Airborne ACC page where only those that have taken and passed P-Coy and jumped can join, they get someone to make a check on their records.
I think that this has been covered before. Parachute Course Administration Unit (PCAU) at RAF Brize Norton holds the records of anyone who has attended a military parachute course, but due to Data Protection Laws, they would not release information to those without a lawful reason to request the information such as police carrying out an investigation. who would normally submit a DPA form. This wouldn't include people on Facebook wanting to know if Fred Scriggins had ever been a Para.

The lack of horderves was the real problem at Arnhem, the chefs were scattered over the drop zone and couldn't organise the ingredients for anything more than a light fork supper.

Anyone remember that photo of some para lads kneeling in front of a blues & royals guard whilst he was on duty in London? They had a big cardboard sign with an arrow pointing to him and underneath it said "crap hat" or words to that effect.

It would do well on this thread but I can't seem to find it. The look on the guard's face was brilliant.

I think that this has been covered before. Parachute Course Administration Unit (PCAU) at RAF Brize Norton holds the records of anyone who has attended a military parachute course, but due to Data Protection Laws, they would not release information to those without a lawful reason to request the information such as police carrying out an investigation. who would normally submit a DPA form. This wouldn't include people on Facebook wanting to know if Fred Scriggins had ever been a Para.

Don't the paras hold their own records? I would have thought that looking through the records to see if someone was gen or breaking the law by wearing Her Majesty's uniform without service would be a reasonable excuse to access information.

Mind you, I'm not an absolute expert on info and GDPR laws.

Winnet

War Hero
Anyone remember that photo of some para lads kneeling in front of a blues & royals guard whilst he was on duty in London? They had a big cardboard sign with an arrow pointing to him and underneath it said "crap hat" or words to that effect.

It would do well on this thread but I can't seem to find it. The look on the guard's face was brilliant.
I wonder who made the sign for them ?