Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paras...Hat Cnuts..

The Paras got on to the Falklands by ship and landing craft proving anyone can do the role of marines if you can handle a trip on the Woolich ferry , no courses required to pass, no tests, no extra pay.

No marines can just arrive anywhere by parachute unless qualified and most are not, because they are in fact cxxts.

My case rests M' lud.

The Paras got on to the Falklands by ship and landing craft proving anyone can do the role of marines if you can handle a trip on the Woolich ferry , no courses required to pass, no tests, no extra pay.

No marines can just arrive anywhere by parachute unless qualified and most are not, because they are in fact cxxts.

My case rests M' lud.
DirectKeyGnu-max-1mb.gif

We had a chef (did I say chef) who was ex RAR (Vietnam vet), FFL (Kolwaze ...spelling?) and Para Reg. Mad fucking alcoholic but brilliant. Loved him. RIP Jimmy.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I think that the only one of that 'all star cast' who saw any action in WW2 was Hardy Kruger, abeit as a 16 year old in the 38th Waffen SS Division 'Nibelungen' in 1945

I believe Olivier was Fleet Air Arm.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Laurence Olivier who played the village doctor, flew an aircraft for the Senior Service
John Waddy who served with 4 Para and fought at Arnhem ,was an advisor on the film, he drilled the actors, and made them much more realistic, he also advised on several scenes, and had a cameo role in the film

John Addison wrote the music, he served in the 23rd Hussars seing action in Normandy ,and operation Market Garden
Paul Maxwell servied in the Canadian Artillery in WW11 ( played Maj Gen Maxwell taylor)
Arthur Hill who played a medic in the film served in the R.C.A.F.

Oh I just recalled that John Waddy passed away a few weeks back, a long live lived, and a real Gentleman and inspiration to others

Addison said he wrote the film score to commemorate friends who'd died during the battle.

What no parachute Cupid Stunt

Raising money for mental health charity.

Although I’m wondering if he ought to be a recipient? Jumping from a perfectly serviceable aircraft - without a chute!

Jumped from 130ft. His balls hit the water first. 20ft later his body did. Fucked if I’d do that!