Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paras...Hat Cnuts..

I also remember reading that Dirk Bogarde was an Intelligence Officer and was one of the first into Bergen Belsen concentration camp.
For all the times I have seen it written in Obits that Major Bufton-Tufton was the first, or one of the first into Belsen, they must have been elbowing there way in the front gate.

Usually they had dinner with Rommel as well when they were captured in North Africa, but managed to subsequently escape.

For all the times I have seen it written in Obits that Major Bufton-Tufton was the first, or one of the first into Belsen, they must have been elbowing there way in the front gate.

Usually they had dinner with Rommel as well when they were captured in North Africa, but managed to subsequently escape.

Sounds a bit like here on Arrse, the number of blokes on here that were number whatever on that balcony with them.

You do seem happy to lean on others glories.
I was stating a fact. I wasn’t leaning on anybodies glory but don’t let that get in your way as you search for the little things that seem to please yourself.

They were supported by Richard Todd (who had left his Lancaster and dog at home that day) and 7th Parachute Battalion (which became 3 Para in 1948) who parachuted in soon after the OBLI seized the bridge. Both groups then held the bridge until the Commandos who had landed by sea, joined up with them. Both groups were part of 6th Airborne Division.

I've been thinking about that while working around the place. I reckon his dog N1gger threw himself under that car. I mean just look at it, if he wasn't away blowing up dams in Germany he was off attacking and holding bridges in France.

The twat was never there for the poor dog.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Laurence Olivier who played the village doctor, flew an aircraft for the Senior Service
John Waddy who served with 4 Para and fought at Arnhem ,was an advisor on the film, he drilled the actors, and made them much more realistic, he also advised on several scenes, and had a cameo role in the film

John Addison wrote the music, he served in the 23rd Hussars seing action in Normandy ,and operation Market Garden
Paul Maxwell servied in the Canadian Artillery in WW11 ( played Maj Gen Maxwell taylor)
Arthur Hill who played a medic in the film served in the R.C.A.F.

Oh I just recalled that John Waddy passed away a few weeks back, a long live lived, and a real Gentleman and inspiration to others

Last edited:
My mate was 3 PARA, did an exchange with the FFL and then went THEM.

I'm going to bell him later and call him a hat cunt.

Jerusalem on entering the crem' and The Specials Monkey Man as the curtains close.

Size 10.

Fuck ya tenner!

Lt Colonel Payton Reid DSO KOSB personally led bayonet charges to clear German positions during the battle of Arnhem. Major-General Urquhart regarded him as "a tough, ruddy complexioned lieutenant-colonel who had no respect whatsoever for the Germans".

The hat cnut

As he was KOSB he’d be very familiar with bayonet charges as they were the normal way to close the KOSB NAAFI on Fridays :)

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Any Para/Commando chefs?

I like the image of an angry bastard hurling airborne spatulas at the enemy.
I was in training with a bloke who took and passed both courses, skinny little fucker but mad as a hatter.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Any Para/Commando chefs?

I like the image of an angry bastard hurling airborne spatulas at the enemy.

Probably easier to just use a cropsprayer or gas shells if you're going to poison them by air.