Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paras...Hat Cnuts..

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
Don't the paras hold their own records? I would have thought that looking through the records to see if someone was gen or breaking the law by wearing Her Majesty's uniform without service would be a reasonable excuse to access information.

Mind you, I'm not an absolute expert on info and GDPR laws.
@John_G is ...

Anyone remember that photo of some para lads kneeling in front of a blues & royals guard whilst he was on duty in London? They had a big cardboard sign with an arrow pointing to him and underneath it said "crap hat" or words to that effect.

It would do well on this thread but I can't seem to find it. The look on the guard's face was brilliant.

Attachments

• 25000F65-A359-4468-B70B-D6A8082B57FB.jpeg
    25000F65-A359-4468-B70B-D6A8082B57FB.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 241

arcticfox042

War Hero
Battle of Tidworth around 85ish. After my time but plenty of my old mates were there.

1RGJ = 1 - Para’s = 0.

call us hats or whatever you like but you got your arrses handed to you. :)

You can put it up with your other battle honour.....

1RGJ = 1 - Tour Guide = 0
Operation Deadstick would be a relevant mention since both the RGJ ancestors and the Para's were involved - with the former taking and holding the first bridge (Pegasus) and the second (Horsa) at just after midnight on 5/6 June 44 and holding until relieved by 7 Para at around 0300hrs. (7 Para were themselves relieved by the Lovat Scouts later).

'Crap Hats'..................really. It is not only a sad and inaccurate piece of nonsense, it has no basis in fact.

As for any real battle honors, many are not admissible in this context, as they were obtained way before the Parachute Regiment was a twinkle in its daddy's eye.

Operation Deadstick would be a relevant mention since both the RGJ ancestors and the Para's were involved - with the former taking and holding the first bridge (Pegasus) and the second (Horsa) at just after midnight on 5/6 June 44 and holding until relieved by 7 Para at around 0300hrs. (7 Para were themselves relieved by the Lovat Scouts later).

'Crap Hats'..................really. It is not only a sad and inaccurate piece of nonsense, it has no basis in fact.

As for any real battle honors, many are not admissible in this context, as they were obtained way before the Parachute Regiment was a twinkle in its daddy's eye.
What's that got to do with Louise Jenson being battered to death by 3 brain-dead hats?

What's that got to do with Louise Jenson being battered to death by 3 brain-dead hats?

I think he probably published that quote unintentionally but I certainly agree with the sentiment of the wording regarding the Oxford and Bucks who later morphed into 1RGJ and the Para’s.

As for the three brain dead cunts who murdered that young girl, I think any green job anywhere would certainly agree that all three of them should still be in prison today!

I think he probably published that quote unintentionally but I certainly agree with the sentiment of the wording regarding the Oxford and Bucks who later morphed into 1RGJ and the Para’s.

As for the three brain dead cnuts who murdered that young girl, I think any green job anywhere would certainly agree that all three of them should still be in prison today!
Didn't the Ox and Bucks disappear in 1992 when 3 RGJ became 2 RGJ and 2 RGJ became 1 RGJ. The old 52nd and 53rd (1RGJ) disappearing? So at least there was a tiny bit of consolation of my old local battalion from where I lived before joining the army not been associated with those 3 cnuts.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Didn't the Ox and Bucks disappear in 1992 when 3 RGJ became 2 RGJ and 2 RGJ became 1 RGJ. The old 52nd and 53rd (1RGJ) disappearing? So at least there was a tiny bit of consolation of my old local battalion from where I lived before joining the army not been associated with those 3 cnuts.
Er, 43rd & 52nd.

Latest Threads