Paras drop into Spain to train for future operations

Book Reviewer
Has Spain stopped burning honest Englishmen at the stake for not bending the knee to the vicar of Rome? If so, I may go there. I hear they hasta la vista but from 5,000 feet I bet it looks like low-rent brown scrub and some roads.
Its not really a pedantic question, more of a question.

I don't know the answer but would hazard a guess that in the same way our guys wear american wings on their chest that the Spanish do the same to symbolise jumping with a foreign ally on ex/ops.
I served with a guy who had jumped with the french when on exercise, but wore them on his right chest (like the french), but only on his smock - never in no 2's, blues or mess dress. My point, made in a round the houses fashion, is why don't 'El Paratroopers' wear them as do their Brit counterparts?
I reckon the exercise was designed put the willies up them and convince them to stop making sideways glances at Gibraltar. Probably not designed to show our military might but more to show them just what happens when an entire company of Paras gets unleashed on the local nightlife.

Hell hath no fury...
I bet gibbering their tits off on the "below freezing, arid slopes of Zaragoza" wasn't quite what the young Toms had in mind when informed they would be lobbing into sunny Espana.
'Paratroopers rain on the plain in Spain from a C-130 transport plane', someone in Defence Newsfilling their caption portfolio for their job application to the Sun?
I was thinking the next big ruck would be against the angry Moors trying to get a bit of Spain back. Arib Spring is a just a ruse people, a ruse I tell you!
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Infantry 49
Red-On The NAAFI Bar 149
E Infantry 0