Paras and Taliban Kiss and Make Up?!!?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by beaver_boy, Oct 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have I got this one right or am I being distracted by Gordan Yellow just now bottling out of a General Election?

Guardian, 6 October 2007

Swiss Des, 1 October 2007

I'm too dumb to figure this out myself, but is the above a good example of "joined up government" and will the Paras be allowed to operate as trained or will the crack team of Nu Labour PC lawyers be backing them up at every stage and will they be properly equipped for task or will there be short term budget deficiencies channeling funds to remfs instead of guys taking the pain (unless Yellow Gordie calls it all off at the last minute)? And when can we stop being polite about our NATO allies who hide when it gets dark and don't have to be resupplied with ammunition?

More happy days ahead pals!!

2. I will have to lay of the beer I am seeing double

3. I was thinking the same thing, but apparently this one has a mis-posted url link. The edit button is your friend.

4. 8) 8) JOKE< AND WITH THE WINTER COMING :wink: :wink: FOR SUCH A THIS YOU WOULD NEED FRESH TROOP BACK UP AND THE ONLY THE TALIBAN HAVE THAT AFTER THEIR WINTER BUILD UP :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

5. Yes, the crack team of lawyers will be properly equiped with no expense spared!

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

So they're sending the eurofighter to the stan in the air-to-ground role then? Thats great news! Considering the jets not confgured for that roll yet and isnt due until tranch 4 or the older ones are retrofitted!

7. its got some air to ground capability i.e. more than harrier but not the whole package

8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

A lot of the weapons currently arent cleared for use,a lot of existing airframes are not ground attack capable (not required in tranch 1 & 2 i believe) & crews not trained in that role.

10. Probably the ones we had to ask the Dutch(i think) for!!!

11. Danish, we bought them and then did them up. Not sure why the Danish weren't using them, too much money to make up to date?