Paras and Marines

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by spider, Jan 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there anyone currently serving with, doing training for or have experience of the training for 4 Para and the RMR? Would appreciate any truthful info, no BS basically, on life inside these units, i.e. what have they done for the past year etc training and deployment wise and what people have got out of it...what were your reasons for joining and have your expectations been met?

Am steadily getting fitter, but, just wondering, what level of fitness is needed before you even join/sign up?

Appreciate any info and advice, Cheers.
  2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

If you have to ask that, keep running boy you aint fit enough.
  3. If you are anywhere near the M8 get yourself along to one of 4 PARA's look at life weekend this weekend (21/22 Jan) I'm reliably informed that it coincides with their Burns night so you will get free nosh as well.

More details on the InterWeb here.

You'll need some PT kit, washing/shaving kit, and some beer tokens if you want Beer.
  4. well mate i have no personal experience but.
    i do know someone in the paras who informs me that in general its gonna be like infantry training but MORE running.
    also My girlfriends brother is in his 20th week of training, he was injured due to cutting leg, stagnant water nuff sed, i asked him what training is like he sed fcking horrible!
    so in short prepare to be be beasted for 7 months and dont expect a walk in the park at ANY point. (for marines anyway)