PARARESCUE JUMPERS US MILITARY

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by tipps, Apr 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. LOOKING FOR TRAINING INFO ON THESE BOYS OR OTHER NATIONALITIES EQUIVALENT WITH REGARD TO MED TRG AND RESCUE TECHNIQUES FROM THE VARIOUS S.A.R PLATFORMS USED. ANY INFO OR LINKS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

2. Pararescue Information

3. Those boys are good. Attended their survival school at Fairchild AFB. Hardcore.

4. SERE?

5. We had our own SERE school in NC. This was just a basic survival course for us partime aircrew. I was an aviation ordnanceman and only flew on Jato/flare missions. Even ran into an old high-school buddy who was an SP on the base.

6. Although I can't assist in your quest for information, the following link describes the typical product of such training:

http://www.timjacobs.com/american_hero_cunningham_jason.htm

Could have been any one of us. Except it wasn't just anyone of us.

I know that there are people reading this who knew Jason and the other guys named. RIP brethren.

Good link AirborneCAL :wink:

7. There's an Army SERE at Mackall, but do the Marines (at Cherry Point I presume) have one as well?

8. Sorry, I thought this was about cold weather gear.

9. and I thought trainers were instructors

10. We had one. I've been out since 94, so I don't know about now. I never went through it myself, But some of the guys from my squadron played OPFOR. I don't believe it was a full-fledged SERE, like the PJ's run, just more of a two-day escape&evasion ex.