Paranormal Activity?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Commando_Spirit, Aug 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was told about this incident today and wondered what my fellow NAAFI BAR colleagues might think about it, so are you sitting comfortably???

A member of my staff has just told me about her daughter who is 'all grown up' and works within the DLO as a Civil Servant. She has line management responsibilities of a number of other civil servants, one of whom is a bloody nightmare and has been passed around all the line managers as a result!

Still with me?

Daughter and said lady were in the building alone and daughter sees 'an object' fly past her office door, breaking a chair outside. Knowing her member of staff is a f*cking lunatic she reported it up the chain of command rather than face the issue alone.

Lady member of staff is asked to submit a report of the alleged incident. She does so, along with a letter from her union which states:

"...since paranormal activity cannot be ruled out it cannot be proved that Mrs. ****** is responsible for the alleged incident..."

Both members of management were forced to apologise in order to avoid legal action on the grounds of Equality and Diversity. What sort of Union would support, let alone print such a letter????????

This sort of thing does my chuffing head in!

Comments please my fellow Bar goers!

2. Clearly a case for Mulder and that foxy chick Scully...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thats a brilliant excuse, I'm going to use that the next time I'm in trouble!
    "It was the Ghosts who dun it, then they ran off, honest!"

• Like Like x 1
  4. Your Daughter should write to the Union and ask them to prove that the paranormal really does exist. As far as I know no one has been able to prove that paranormal activity is real. :twisted:

5. ...DONT Ask about God, the church might pay you a visit..

6. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Paranormal activity is a well-documented and much believed in activity. There have been numerous incidents that can be laid at it's door, yet always there comes the cry 'it can't be proved'. Well, until Marcini did his bit, radio waves could not be proved, until Lister worked it out, causes of infection could not be proved. We cannot see televison signals, nor feel them, but they are there.
    I am very open minded on this subject, as has been posted previously.
    However, in the case you mention, the union and management are clearly barking!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Surely Marconi, OF&H? Didn't Marcini write the Pink Panther theme?

• Like Like x 1
  8. As a union Shop Steward, I think that is fcuking brilliant!!!

We Stewards, on occasion, have to look for outlandish justifications I was dealing with a disabled member staff who was undergoing sudden, violent arm twitches (as a result of chamges to medication - normally the 'woop-woops' are under control) Manager proposed a sling for the wibbly arm.
    I put forward a complaint of False Imprisonment - restraint without consent!

• Like Like x 1
  9. old_fat_and_hairy

10. Henry Mancini, and thoroughly groovy it was! Linky, for all you swingin' cats out there.

11. I wondered how long it would take for OFAH to respond! I am amazed that he hasn't offered some 'paranormal' activity of his own to said colleagues daughter!!!

Oh sorry OFAH, I must have been temporarily possessed just then!!!

12. Groovy baby!

And do you have a lissence for your minkey?

13. old_fat_and_hairy

I was going to, but thought it might be in bad taste. However...............if she needs a quick exorcism.................?

14. When have you ever not posted anything because it might be in bad taste??? Are you ill OFAH????

15. He's lucky not to have his arm nailed to the desk to resolve the problem. Stigmata any one?