Paranormal Activity?

#1
I was told about this incident today and wondered what my fellow NAAFI BAR colleagues might think about it, so are you sitting comfortably???

A member of my staff has just told me about her daughter who is 'all grown up' and works within the DLO as a Civil Servant. She has line management responsibilities of a number of other civil servants, one of whom is a bloody nightmare and has been passed around all the line managers as a result!

Still with me?

Daughter and said lady were in the building alone and daughter sees 'an object' fly past her office door, breaking a chair outside. Knowing her member of staff is a f*cking lunatic she reported it up the chain of command rather than face the issue alone.

Lady member of staff is asked to submit a report of the alleged incident. She does so, along with a letter from her union which states:

"...since paranormal activity cannot be ruled out it cannot be proved that Mrs. ****** is responsible for the alleged incident..."

Both members of management were forced to apologise in order to avoid legal action on the grounds of Equality and Diversity. What sort of Union would support, let alone print such a letter????????

This sort of thing does my chuffing head in!

Comments please my fellow Bar goers!
 
#2
Clearly a case for Mulder and that foxy chick Scully...
 
#3
Thats a brilliant excuse, I'm going to use that the next time I'm in trouble!
"It was the Ghosts who dun it, then they ran off, honest!"
 
#4
Your Daughter should write to the Union and ask them to prove that the paranormal really does exist. As far as I know no one has been able to prove that paranormal activity is real. :twisted:
 

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#6
Paranormal activity is a well-documented and much believed in activity. There have been numerous incidents that can be laid at it's door, yet always there comes the cry 'it can't be proved'. Well, until Marcini did his bit, radio waves could not be proved, until Lister worked it out, causes of infection could not be proved. We cannot see televison signals, nor feel them, but they are there.
I am very open minded on this subject, as has been posted previously.
However, in the case you mention, the union and management are clearly barking!
 
#7
old_fat_and_hairy said:
Paranormal activity is a well-documented and much believed in activity. There have been numerous incidents that can be laid at it's door, yet always there comes the cry 'it can't be proved'. Well, until Marcini did his bit, radio waves could not be proved, until Lister worked it out, causes of infection could not be proved. We cannot see televison signals, nor feel them, but they are there.
I am very open minded on this subject, as has been posted previously.
However, in the case you mention, the union and management are clearly barking!
Surely Marconi, OF&H? Didn't Marcini write the Pink Panther theme?
 
#8
As a union Shop Steward, I think that is fcuking brilliant!!!

We Stewards, on occasion, have to look for outlandish justifications I was dealing with a disabled member staff who was undergoing sudden, violent arm twitches (as a result of chamges to medication - normally the 'woop-woops' are under control) Manager proposed a sling for the wibbly arm.
I put forward a complaint of False Imprisonment - restraint without consent!
 

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#9
Bambi said:
old_fat_and_hairy said:
Paranormal activity is a well-documented and much believed in activity. There have been numerous incidents that can be laid at it's door, yet always there comes the cry 'it can't be proved'. Well, until Marcini did his bit, radio waves could not be proved, until Lister worked it out, causes of infection could not be proved. We cannot see televison signals, nor feel them, but they are there.
I am very open minded on this subject, as has been posted previously.
However, in the case you mention, the union and management are clearly barking!
Surely Marconi, OF&H? Didn't Marcini write the Pink Panther theme?

It was both of them. Henry Mancini and Marconi too. That's why we were able to hear it
 
#10
Bambi said:
old_fat_and_hairy said:
Paranormal activity is a well-documented and much believed in activity. There have been numerous incidents that can be laid at it's door, yet always there comes the cry 'it can't be proved'. Well, until Marcini did his bit, radio waves could not be proved, until Lister worked it out, causes of infection could not be proved. We cannot see televison signals, nor feel them, but they are there.
I am very open minded on this subject, as has been posted previously.
However, in the case you mention, the union and management are clearly barking!
Surely Marconi, OF&H? Didn't Marcini write the Pink Panther theme?
Henry Mancini, and thoroughly groovy it was! Linky, for all you swingin' cats out there.
 
#11
I wondered how long it would take for OFAH to respond! I am amazed that he hasn't offered some 'paranormal' activity of his own to said colleagues daughter!!!

Oh sorry OFAH, I must have been temporarily possessed just then!!!
 
#12
smartascarrots said:
Bambi said:
old_fat_and_hairy said:
Paranormal activity is a well-documented and much believed in activity. There have been numerous incidents that can be laid at it's door, yet always there comes the cry 'it can't be proved'. Well, until Marcini did his bit, radio waves could not be proved, until Lister worked it out, causes of infection could not be proved. We cannot see televison signals, nor feel them, but they are there.
I am very open minded on this subject, as has been posted previously.
However, in the case you mention, the union and management are clearly barking!
Surely Marconi, OF&H? Didn't Marcini write the Pink Panther theme?
Henry Mancini, and thoroughly groovy it was! Linky, for all you swingin' cats out there.
Groovy baby!

And do you have a lissence for your minkey?
 

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#13
Commando_Spirit said:
I wondered how long it would take for OFAH to respond! I am amazed that he hasn't offered some 'paranormal' activity of his own to said colleagues daughter!!!

Oh sorry OFAH, I must have been temporarily possessed just then!!!
I was going to, but thought it might be in bad taste. However...............if she needs a quick exorcism.................?
 
#14
old_fat_and_hairy said:
Commando_Spirit said:
I wondered how long it would take for OFAH to respond! I am amazed that he hasn't offered some 'paranormal' activity of his own to said colleagues daughter!!!

Oh sorry OFAH, I must have been temporarily possessed just then!!!
I was going to, but thought it might be in bad taste. However...............if she needs a quick exorcism.................?
When have you ever not posted anything because it might be in bad taste??? Are you ill OFAH????
 
#15
Glesga_short_bloke said:
As a union Shop Steward, I think that is fcuking brilliant!!!

We Stewards, on occasion, have to look for outlandish justifications I was dealing with a disabled member staff who was undergoing sudden, violent arm twitches (as a result of chamges to medication - normally the 'woop-woops' are under control) Manager proposed a sling for the wibbly arm.
I put forward a complaint of False Imprisonment - restraint without consent!
He's lucky not to have his arm nailed to the desk to resolve the problem. Stigmata any one?
 
#16
LordVonHarley said:
Glesga_short_bloke said:
As a union Shop Steward, I think that is fcuking brilliant!!!

We Stewards, on occasion, have to look for outlandish justifications I was dealing with a disabled member staff who was undergoing sudden, violent arm twitches (as a result of chamges to medication - normally the 'woop-woops' are under control) Manager proposed a sling for the wibbly arm.
I put forward a complaint of False Imprisonment - restraint without consent!
He's lucky not to have his arm nailed to the desk to resolve the problem. Stigmartyr any one?
I've not tried one of them, make mine a large one!!
 
#17
Commando_Spirit said:
LordVonHarley said:
Glesga_short_bloke said:
As a union Shop Steward, I think that is fcuking brilliant!!!

We Stewards, on occasion, have to look for outlandish justifications I was dealing with a disabled member staff who was undergoing sudden, violent arm twitches (as a result of chamges to medication - normally the 'woop-woops' are under control) Manager proposed a sling for the wibbly arm.
I put forward a complaint of False Imprisonment - restraint without consent!
He's lucky not to have his arm nailed to the desk to resolve the problem. Stigmartyr any one?
I've not tried one of them, make mine a large one!!
Oops ment Stigmata, dam this religious spelling!

This big enough for you or do you like a really large and hard nailing?

 
#18
LordVonHarley said:
He's lucky not to have his arm nailed to the desk to resolve the problem. Stig-mata any one?
Is he related to Stig of the Dump?
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#20
Simple answer for this bint. Wait until she's walking away from you (and make sure she hasn't seen you lurking) and then violently throw a chair at the back of her head.

When she wakes up, there is someone holding her and taking care of her and saying "Wow, you were very unlucky back there, that poltergeist is back with a vengeance, and he sure doesn't like you very much! I'd get back onto your union about it . . ."
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top