Paramedics shot at.

In my area they have had to start double crewing first responder vehicles with police and paramedics, further reducing available assets.

The situation is bonkers.

Anyone convicted of assaulting ambulance crew should have their right to free medical treatment withdrawn. End of.

It will of course never happen.

So they were being shot at with an air rifle? Would be nice if BBC was a bit more specific there, because there's a bit of a difference between being shot at with an air rifle and being shot at by a 9mm.

Of course it is unforgivable and disgusting whatever was used, but it'd be good to know.

? why ?

Anyone preventing the fire service or ambulance crews from doing their job - either by obstruction, or worse violence deserves a good fcuking shoeing. Words can't describe how angry it makes me that this is "fun", or "cool" or something. Fcuking cnuts

I reckon that if someone plays enough shoot-em-up games they get to the attitude that human life is nothing significant.
Not just me either - check out Dave Grossman's "On Killing" about desensitising techniques

I play a lot of counter strike but it doesn't make me want to headshot anybody. Just another feckin druggie thinking its good.

Belt twit there is no difference if you are hit in the eye with an air pellet, and at close range some air weapons can be as lethal as low powered rifles. Discharging a firearm is the same no matter what type of propellant is uese, especially if it is discharged at medics attending an accident.

bobthedog said:
Belt twit there is no difference if you are hit in the eye with an air pellet, and at close range some air weapons can be as lethal as low powered rifles. Discharging a firearm is the same no matter what type of propellant is uese, especially if it is discharged at medics attending an accident.
I take it from that you, like the BBC, do not know what airsoft is but no matter. Idiotic thing to do and those responsible shoud suffer greatly but blatent misreporting all the same.

nottyash said:
In my area they have had to start double crewing first responder vehicles with police and paramedics, further reducing available assets.

The situation is bonkers.

Anyone convicted of assaulting ambulance crew should have their right to free medical treatment withdrawn. End of.

It will of course never happen.
I would vote for you on that ticket. It is about time that people felt the consequences of their actions.

Blogg said:
Obviously the work of someone who deserves to be drowned in something nasty, but be clear on this:

"Officers are hunting for the culprit who fired several plastic pellets at paramedic Allan Norman at lunchtime on Wednesday."

Airsoft + w@nker = crap, scarmongering reporting from BBC

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/Paramedic-shooting-is-39truly-shocking39.4763668.jp
It could, possibly be accurate reporting, where some chav is fireing plastic pelets from a proper air rifle, I am fairly sure it is possible. but unlikely.

either way, even airsoft pelets are capeable of causing injuries, but so are stones, which are regualy thrown at emergency services, with little coverage.

either way they shouldn't be throwing anything at ambulances, or fire engines. I can just about understand why they might want to do it to police, as they are the "enemy" of criminals, although it is still way out of order.

phaserrifle said:
It could, possibly be accurate reporting, where some chav is fireing plastic pelets from a proper air rifle, I am fairly sure it is possible. but unlikely.

either way, even airsoft pelets are capeable of causing injuries, but so are stones, which are regualy thrown at emergency services, with little coverage
Impossible. 6mm BBs are only usable from an airsoft, hence they are airsofts.
Some airguns can fire metallic BB's or lead round-shot.

Blogg said:
Obviously the work of someone who deserves to be drowned in something nasty, but be clear on this:

"Officers are hunting for the culprit who fired several plastic pellets at paramedic Allan Norman at lunchtime on Wednesday."

Airsoft + w@nker = crap, scarmongering reporting from BBC

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/Paramedic-shooting-is-39truly-shocking39.4763668.jp
The question is: did this incident stop the paramedic doing their job to the best of their ability? Answer is probably yes. Therefore whether it's plastic, metal, air rifle or .50cal (ok, not quite) the person involved should be strung up by the danglies

18 replies and no mention of the outrage ambulance. How disappointing. Fire it up with 'blues and twos' i say.