Paramedics are here!

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by worm-on-a-stick, Oct 5, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It has finally happened! :D Yes the top 15% of CMT trainies are now being given full paramedical qualifications.

Being run at Keogh and tri-service, the plan is to provide a 999 blue light service within garrison areas who will respond to both military and civi calls.

It's taken long enough but finally the ivory towers have pulled their finger out and are giving us what we have allways wanted.

2. Really..................... 8O Why has there not been more of a fanfare :? If its true then it is indeed a major step forward................

3. I was told it by a very reliable source from Keogh last night. They will even be using propper ambulances so they can turn corners faster than 10mph :lol:

4. Cynical old me..........I think I'll wait out on this one 8)

5. Myself and others were told this when we opted to change trades in 1986; still waiting don't you know :!:

6. Thought you were as old as you look :wink:

7. If it is true, the way the AMS operates, this would have been heralded by a fecking huge fanfare. Why the silence and no news about it? What happens to the old CMTs, those who are now in the system?

8. its true, and it will be implimented the moment that I become Corps RSM :wink: :roll: :roll:

9. All pigs are fed and ready to fly :p

10. If true, Its the first piece of demonstrable good news for the AMS in a long time, and will go some way to restoring some optimism.

just how are they planning on selecting the top 15%, test results are often not the best way in a 'hands on' profession.

Please tell me the older CMT's in the system will also be able to take advantage of this as well, and not be left to rot!

Now we are just waiting for a big pay rise for those hard working radiographers out there :D

and the news that the BMS's are being sacked as a drain on resources :twisted:

11. Why the top 15% ? If all students passed the exams shouldnt they they all be qualified paramedics. :?

12. Up yours ya bald, luminous-testicled freak :wink:

13. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

14. Do you think they will have ParaDental :D :D :D

Thought Not :roll: LOL