Paramedical qualifications for CMTs & MAs

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by IdeasFactory, Sep 13, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For all those who have shown interest in getting CMT/MA qualifications professionally recognized, see DCI JS 104 2004.

Not the definitive answer I know you were all hoping for, but a step in the right direction.

IF

2. One step forward but how many backwards will they force you by the time they are finished :?

3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I've heard the navy MA's are having a graduate course at Portsmouth Uni trialled. But again the cost will be prohibited.

4. There's no pleasing some people.

IF

5. Thats because most people have been waiting for far too long for even this hesitant little shuffle. :wink:

6. I am not a CMT/MA but I know the frustration the majority of them are feeling. I have, however, been in "a few years 8O " and heard all this before but as usual in the past nothing has happened, just talk.

The powers that be need to address this and now, if not.........then we will not have a CMT cadre at all :?

7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Understatement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

8. Your only as young as the QA you abuse :wink:

9. knowing your luck with women, I think that makes you about 57 8O

10. From my recollection of the man himself - that would have to be a 57 year old that wears white ankle socks!

11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

And open toed sandles!!!! :lol: :lol:

12. I hope this is the case and that the highest paramedic standards are applied cause that is what AMS need. It may allow the military paramedic to replace the CMT. The question is what about those CMT's/RMA's who aren't paramedic material?
    Added to which with in CMT there is also a requirement for longerterm care as well as paramedic stuff to so why not get them to dual train as HCA's as well and vice versa.

13. Why not return to the way of the past, whereby we had Mil skills instuctors and stores persons. Bring in the Paramedic as another stream.

However, nothing is as easy as it seems, especially if the AMS is involved :roll:

Now as for HCAs as Paramedics, do we have Ambies that can take the weight :twisted:

14. Yes i remember him talking about that, apparently it creates a nice contrast with the liver spots on her legs. :?

15. Jealousy will get you no where! The best thing about her is she takes out her teeth as well........... 8O