Paramedic seeks damages over fall

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ghosteh, Mar 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lincolnshire/7292521.stm

I'm just speechless, this had better not get anywhere!

2. Disgraceful.
    The paramedic should be covered by his employer or some form of state-funded insurance, surely?
    This idiot should be fired.

:pissedoff:

3. The couple should receive compo from the solicitors for the distress.

This will make these firms with little or no morals think twice.

Burn the fcukers

4. Shows the kind of people serving the public today....

5. CNUT should be sacked - yesterday

6. Sounds like the cnut was negligently using his fcuking feet and not exercising his duty of care in looking where he was going!

7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

From the article

Neither the technician or his solicitors were available for comment but the solicitor's letter to the couple said the paramedic fell when the couple's security light flickered out

So what would have happened if the couple didn't have a security light?
    Would clumsy bollox have refused to get out the prambulance because it was dark

What next dial an ambulance at night and a team turn up with floodlights and a generator to recreate a floodlit Wembley outside so a couple of numpties can get out

W4nker

8. I am certain the knob does not have a case. He would have to prove negligence on the behalf of the old dears.

Even so he is still a CNUT for even trying. I hope the judge awards costs against him.

No doubt it wont be long before we get paramedics bleating about a pay rise.

9. Your house insurance normally covers you against people who injure themselves on your property such as posties/ambos.

It's unusual for an ambo to sue like this. Normally the union would sue the employer on your behalf for compensation who could (but never do) sue the patient.

More to this than those lovely honest journos have written methinks.

10. Anyone else find it a little ironic that an ambulance man has gone cap-in-hand to an ambulance chasing lawyer to get compensation? 8O

Yet another example of the 'no such thing as an accident - someone is to blame' culture. :x

11. Fucking money grabbing Lawyers at it yet again! :x :x :x :x :x

Someone needs to make a stand against them and their greed.

12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Totally agree - the guy should be sacked, immediately if not before.

13. I love the qoute from his union rep "someone needs to take responsibility".

How about the dozy cunt that fell over?

14. Firstly he was a "technician" and not a Paramedic despite the fact that every man and his dog wants everyone to believe that their first aid qualification makes them a Paramedic.

Secondly he works for a backwater county service Lincolnshire where the employment pool they draw from is pretty polluted by retards.

And thirdly he is obviously a tosser of the highest order for falling over in the first place by not looking hwere he was going and for then trying it on by making a claim.

I hope they throw the book at him and get him sent back to the cabbage picking teams where he obviously comes from and is clearly more suited for.

15. This could save everyone a few quid;

[​IMG]