Paramedic Opportunities

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by dhgrainger1, Jul 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Just joined the website, and from what I've seen it's really good!

What I'm after is any information that people might have on becoming a Paramedic in the armed forces. I'm not arsed about which force I enter into, that's why I joined ARRSE, it seems to be the biggest military community. So if anyone's got any info they could share, about all three branches, it would be welcomed! Thanks very much!

2. Both the Army and RAF have Paramedics.

RAF Paramedics are deployed to OP HERRICK and OP TELIC to work as part of a Medical Emergency Response Team or Immediate Response Team in the back of a CH47 or Merlin. Basically a military air ambulance transporting the wounded to R2E or R3 (fd hospital) locations.

Someone from the RAF is welcome to add to this.

Army Paramedics are deployed in a number of roles most work within UKSF group.
    Main difference is that as a soldier/CMT you'd be part of a patrol or Sqn. You could be working in an isolated location providing role 1 support on the ground. EH support. Primary health care/hearts minds. Advice and training ect..... long list but its home time!
  3. Thanks very much!