Paralympics!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by shrew, Aug 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ... just thought there might be a thread on here!

2. Watching opening ceremony now. Boris wearing an H4H tie?

3. So anyone got tickets to it? I'm going to the wheelchair basketball. Looking forward to it.

4. I have a chance of some for the archery, but have to negotiate with work. Jealous of the basketball tickets...

5. Glad you said that, thought it was but was not sure.

6. Well I'm sure the ceremony will be something special.

7. Son and daughter are off to the Swimming this thursday to see a friend compete

8. Taking the daughter to the opening athletics session on Friday. Picked up the tickets from Horseguards this afternoon and caught the torch parade as it came down Whitehall. Great atmosphere and should be a great show.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Well, was that total arty-farty bollocks or what? The organisers of the opening fiasco should be boiled in oil!

10. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

I was rather confused as to the link between cosmology, particle physics and disability.

Are there disabled leptons and bosons that need fuller acceptance in modern society?

Will public buildings be required to create special entrances to allow less agile neutrinos to pass through them?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Greece proudly comes into the procession and just as team GB is about to enter the arena.......channel four cuts to the commercials.

We then join the action with Hungary entering the arena.

Nice....we do not even get to see our own nation walking in.

**** Ahem****

Riflebutts pointed out that this is me being a mong...possibly the wrong word to use here in hindsight...and our team came in last.

12. I'm glad it wasn't just me!

13. Well, the C4 coverage is certainly special....

****, i'm grabbing a beer and heading off down the shed.

14. Don't the host team come in last, as per the Olympics?

15. You could well be correct in that fact.....My niggling deep need to download disabled gymnastic artistic pictures during the ceremony obviously made me forget that point.