Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parallax on a scope

I'm currently doing some .22 benchrest shooting using a Sightron 10 to 50 x 60 scope.

At 50m I'm trying to eliminate parallax error by using the side wheel focusing and the eye bell focusing but no matter what I do when I move my head the reticule still moves on the target.

Has anyone had this problem on any higher mag scopes?

I had a stroke two years ago and lost some vision in my right eye around the 2 0'clock position and I wondering if this might be contributing to my parallaxing difficulties.

Dan2512

Old-Salt
I'm currently doing some .22 benchrest shooting using a Sightron 10 to 50 x 60 scope.

At 50m I'm trying to eliminate parallax error by using the side wheel focusing and the eye bell focusing but no matter what I do when I move my head the reticule still moves on the target.

Has anyone had this problem on any higher mag scopes?

I had a stroke two years ago and lost some vision in my right eye around the 2 0'clock position and I wondering if this might be contributing to my parallaxing difficulties.

I suspect sightron intend this scope for use on centrefire rifles and therefore parallax will be set at 100yds.

It is a bit of a battle finding decent glass for .22 rimfires or airguns where the parallax needs to be the 50m or less that you are looking for.

I've had quite a few c/f scopes on .22's before and it's always a compromise for visual acuity.

I generally go for sharp focus and ignore the distance marks not sure if this is the right procedure it mostly works for me