Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by brettarider, Aug 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone tried it thinking about having a stab at it any decent places what do training ect (pref Nth England) would be good :D
  2. jmj

jmj Old-Salt

Yes, had a taster day a few years ago.. Excellent fun..
    lookie here for info on schools (you'll need to fly with a school until you get your basic licence)

I flew in the peak district, although I can't for the life of me remember what the school was called. North East (my area) is a bit thin on the ground for schools from what I remember, although there's a one in the lake district I believe.

3. I can only say.

Do it. :D

The most fun you can have whilst still keeping your clothes on.

First tried it in Wales, then went to the Bavarian Advtrg centre to do some mountain launches.

Brilliant fun and easy to master the basics in a week.

Go for it.

If you are serving then try the training wing or where ever they hide the Advtrg course book. They used to run a shed load of courses for beginners.
  4. i would definately do it at the JSHPC in crickhowell, it costs approx £50 for a epc (basic course) but it'd cost you hundreds to do it civvy.

they also teach hang-gliding, i know for a fact that the army has lots of flying equipment available on long-term hire so if you get into it it wont cost you thousands to fly.
  5. Is the course open to TA?
  6. Sorry no idea. Never had anything to do with the TA while I wore green and am now a fat useless civvy so I don't care.

Must be someone in the massed ranks of Arrsedom that would know.
  7. have you access to the mil phone net? if not i can give you their email
  8. No mate at work could you PM me their email addy please