Parading at another centre

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by CivPlod, Feb 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Is it possible to be part of a regional unit, say in Edinburgh and complete W/Es and camp with them, yet parade weekly elsewhere, for instance Glasgow?

    I'm under the impression national units do this, wasn't sure about regional.
  2. Ask your PSI, he/she may have some input as to whether you can or not regardles of what the good folks on here say.
  3. RP578

    RP578 LE Book Reviewer

    Yes, it is possible, but the mechanics of such arrangements invariably require your parent unit to keep paying for your training with your host unit. Something which, understandably, not all units are happy to do.

    You'll need to ensure that your host unit is happy to have you tag along and that your parent unit is willing to pay you for training days and parade nights there. PSAOs are more relevant than PSIs in this, as they will paysheet information transfer, but both OCs will need to sign off on it first.

    In summary, if everyone's happy to play ball, it shouldn't be huge drama.
  4. Cheers,

    I'm in a dilemma of whether to stay where I am in a non-deployable role(according to RLC HQ) in a role that now, just after finishing class 3, my unit tell me they have no use for, or move to a unit where I may be relevant( or as relevant as a STAB can be) at least stand a chance of deploying.