Parachuting training requirement in Sandhurst or Int Corps

Hi all, I am wondering whether the Sandhurst adventure training or otherwise requires parachute training, or indeed if this required during Int Corps training at any stage. I heard it is optional during sandhurst adventure training but my question related to it as a requirement. Thank you in advance.

Hi all, I am wondering whether the Sandhurst adventure training or otherwise requires parachute training, or indeed if this required during Int Corps training at any stage. I heard it is optional during sandhurst adventure training but my question related to it as a requirement. Thank you in advance.
Parachuting is not a requirement at RMAS. A few people may do it on adventure training, but that number is very small - and it will be an option, not mandatory

DSJ

LE
I don't ask the recruitment team, the forum exists and I posted it on the forum as it is an army forum. end of story

I don't seem to recall anyone in my intake going (sports) parachuting for AT - the OIC AT was very keen on hill walking (and possibly had a tiny budget) so most of the more "exciting" AT expedition proposals were turned down in favour of tramping up and down Wales or Scotland.

If it's military parachuting you are looking for I should imagine you'll be put forward for it if the role requires it. In the meantime enjoy knackering your knees in a more conventional manner!

skymacuk

Old-Salt
JSPW(Netheravon) run a couple of basic courses for RMAS every year, so there will be opportunities to jump if you want to.

Austrian officer cadets do a lob as a proof of courage. The ability of the inividual to perform the irrational in the face of commonsense saying it is not normal to jump out of airplanes.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Many nations put their baby Ruperts through parachute training as a matter of course, but the British Army feels no need for their young men and women to demonstrate courage and steely determination by jumping out of aeroplanes.

The_Duke

LE
MOD comment.
Some are clearly still struggling with the recruiting board rules and just can’t help themselves releasing their inner keyboard warrior.

Posts removed, points awarded. Points mean prizes, next offence is a month off.

Latest Threads